Christmas 2014
We started off the week with heavy hearts as two of our church members families suffered loss and Evan assisting with both funerals! Nothing like losing loved ones around the holidays to put things into perspective. While I am sad for these families, I am grateful for the Lord using this in my life as a reminder of what is truly important!
We spent Tuesday evening with my family in Stuttgart. It was a VERY quick trip this time for us. I think we got to the farm around 5:00 that afternoon and back home about 11 that night. We ate yummy chili and exchanged gifts. The highlight of the night was watching the girls open their cowboy boots from my dad and Granny. They were so excited! The girls have been stomping around in them ever since!
Evan's family joined us on Christmas Eve. We all attended the Christmas Eve service at our church then came back to our house to eat afterwards. Kendall has fallen in love with this fun app on my phone called Head's Up, so we had fun playing a few rounds of that. Evan's parents spent a couple of nights with us, so they were around to see the kids open gifts on Christmas morning. It is always a treat having them here!
Watching the girls' personalities come through at Christmas is so much fun. Kendall is so grateful and really would be happy if you wrapped up a bunch of sticks for her. She is always just thankful for whatever she receives. She did not get the "big" gift she asked for, but you would have never known it! I am so thankful for her attitude and joy this season.
Arden is just so animated. She gets crazy excited over gifts and shrieks with delight. She could not get her new dress up dresses opened and on her body quick enough!
We have spent the days after Christmas just being really lazy--eating leftovers and watching TV. We did manage to get out of the house yesterday for a Sam's run and library trip. The weather is just so rainy and dreary here lately, it makes it very difficult to stay motivated to do much at all! I think we finally finished off all the leftovers and I will be glad to not see macaroni and cheese or ham for a while! It's been a great Christmas season, but I am ready to get back to a little bit of normal, whatever that may be!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!





















No comments:
Post a Comment