Friday, December 20, 2013

Tiny Dancer

Kendall is really loving her dance lessons this year. Her class is an hour long tap/ballet combination class and she is doing great. She comes home weekly talking about new ballet positions and steps she's learned and always wants to show us her routines. The phrase "turn about is fair play" rings pretty true in my ears as I often want to tell her to "be still" until I remember how my need to tap dance through our house growing up would drive my parents bonkers! I totally get that she just can't help it! 

One of the things I love most about the studio is that the teachers approach it from a Christian worldview. I know Kendall's teacher has prayer with them at each lesson and they also have a monthly Bible verse. I love that the music used is age appropriate and the costumes are modest. Even last week, they had a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party during class and Kendall came home telling us all about this neat object lesson that was used to tell the story of Jesus' birth. I guess for me, it's just a great thing to know Kendall is getting more than just dance from her dance class! 

Kendall was so excited to participate in the Arkadelphia Christmas parade with her dance studio. The girls were SO cute, too, in their red tutus and green wings! Very festive! 




No comments: