We have had a good, busy month! I guess with February being a short month, it always seems to pass rather quickly. We are seeing a few signs of spring around here, and I am getting excited.
I am even MORE excited because we have some BIG changes coming....
WE ARE MOVING INTO A HOUSE!!!
This all happened rather quickly and is a HUGE unexpected blessing for us. We are beyond thrilled! Some friends of ours here moved back to Little Rock (sad!), and we knew the house they were living in belonged to their family. Evan and I decided on a whim to ask about the house, and the next thing you know we are renting it! We are SO excited because it is the same cost in rent/utilities as our apartment, but MUCH more living space and a YARD!!! Rentals are so hard to come by here and we are just not ready to bite the bullet with purchasing right now. Our move date is set for Tuesday and it really couldn't come quick enough. This apartment has been fine and I will never complain about having to live in it for a year, but the thought of getting to stretch out a little bit is so exciting!
The rest of February is probably not as exciting as that news, but I hate not to record some fun times we've had!
*One day, Arden and I had a little shopping day together. We stopped at Firehouse Subs for lunch. She loved the hat. When we came home, there was a horse standing in the pasture in front of our house. I spent half the afternoon watching this thing. It got out on the highway at one point and stopped traffic, found it's way a little bit closer to our apartment, then eventually found a sunny spot to rest. The next thing I knew, it was gone. A few days later, the horse showed up again! As Kendall would say, "Now that's something you don't see everyday!" :)
*Arden is crazy-verbal. She cracks us up all the time with her words! She wants to do EVERYTHING Kendall does. Thankfully, most of the time, Kendall sets a pretty good example for her and doesn't mind having a little shadow. Arden has occasionally started calling me "Mom" and I'm just not too sure about that. I mean, she's not even two yet! She loves to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" constantly. In fact, she will sing the first few words of other songs, but by about the third or fourth word in, she changes the rest of the song back to twinkle, twinkle. Pretty funny stuff.
*Both girls LOVE to sing and dance. Just today I told Evan that if our day had a title, it would be called, "Saturday, the Musical" because I'm pretty sure we've been singing and dancing all day. The girls make instruments out of anything they find. Arden is constantly beating toys together saying, "One, Two, Three!" in her best rock star voice. It gets pretty loud and crazy, but we love it!
*I love Pinterest for many reasons, but one of my favorite things about Pinterest is the endless amount of kids' activities. Kendall even knows what Pinterest is and told me one day she loved it because of all the fun, kid stuff. So cute. Seriously, though, Pinterest saves me on many, many days! One day after school, I made homemade puff-paint with the girls. SO fun!!! Both girls loved it, and it wasn't that messy. Kendall decided to have an art show with their paintings (stole the idea from her Fancy Nancy book) and set it up in our hallway.
*Valentine's Day was super fun this year. Kendall's class party was pretty low-key with pizza and ice cream. The parents weren't even invited this time. (I was okay with that, because I was trying to pack for a weekend away!) I was SO proud of Kendall for filling out ALL of her Valentines with little help, and basically putting together her Valentine mailbox all by herself. She did a wonderful job with both. We treated the girls with a special donut/chocolate covered strawberry breakfast and Cinderella movie that morning, and Kendall came home with balloons from her sweet teachers (that K accidentally let go of outside and had a major melt-down!) and loads of candy and cards from her classmates.
*Evan and I celebrated 8 years on the 12th. We were able to have lunch together (plus Arden) that day at one of our favorite places, then were planning on going on an overnight that weekend while we were in Fayetteville visiting his parents. I came down with a terrible cold, so our overnight and visiting the art museum turned into dinner out, jeans shopping for Evan, and coffee. It was still a nice night out.
*Kendall was out of school this past Monday, and her friend Grace came to play. These girls are so sweet together. We always love having Grace in our home!
*Last night was family movie night. Evan picked Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Good pick on the movie, but it's over two hours!! Kendall was loving it...Arden couldn't sit still to save her life! Someday, we'll be glad we started family movie nights, but last night it just seemed like WORK to me. This morning, I caught the girls playing "witch rides" with our brooms. I think it's so funny how Kendall always wants to act out the movie once it's over.
Good memories!


No comments:
Post a Comment