Hmmm...what to say about two months with this sweet thing...
We SOOO love her. We love having a little baby around the house again, and we love being a family of four.
HOWEVER...
Arden cries a lot and spits up a lot!
Those are the two things that I think characterize her most right now! I mean, seriously...if you are holding her, you better be prepared with a burp cloth! We did not experience the spitting much with Kendall, and I also remember Kendall as a pretty content baby, but Arden is not so much that way. She certainly has good moments, so it's a little unfair to act like it's always bad and stressful with her, because it is NOT. She is VERY content first thing in the morning, with minimal crying. In fact, this morning I walked in our bedroom while she was lying awake in the pack and play to some wide mouth grins. Huge progress, because I really thought we were never going to see her smile! I took her to the doctor last week to inquire about reflux, and have been trying some of the doctor's non prescription recommendations. I can't really tell a great difference, but then again, there isn't really a pattern to her madness. I've about decided that babies just cry and spit, and since she eats, sleeps and is gaining weight so well, she will eventually grow out of the crying and spitting.
Nursing is still going really, really well. Arden eats about every 3-4 hours during the day, and sometimes does the cluster feeding at night, where she eats about every 2-2 1/2 hours. Her last feeding is anywhere between 10-11 (occasionally 9:30!) and for the last ten days or so, SHE'S BEEN SLEEPING ALL NIGHT! She usually starts grunting around at 4 or 5, but we can give her the pacifier and she's fine until 6 or 7. I think Arden weighs about 11 pounds, which is so crazy to me because Kendall weighed 11 pounds at 4 months! I am beyond thrilled that nursing is so much easier this time and hope it continues to be that way.
Not much else to say about a two month old, I guess. She is a snuggly baby, which is so different than big sister. Kendall showed her independence very early on, never wanting to be held much! I am planning to get Arden's shots tomorrow, and will put her in the nursery on Sunday.
Time is flying by! I'm not liking it, not one single bit!

1 comment:
I remember talking to you about Grace crying a lot and spitting up, etc. etc. I remember Kendall being just the opposite like you said. It is crazy how babies can be so different! I'm glad to hear that nursing is going so well. She IS gaining GREAT!
Cherish those snuggles!!!:)
Post a Comment