Last week was our church's Vacation Bible School. What fun we had on a Big Apple Adventure! Everything was NYC themed, and SUPER cute! Kendall participated in an actual class this year and experienced the full pre-school rotation complete with Bible story, crafts, recreation, music, and missions. She had a wonderful week! I "helped" in the oldest four year old class by telling the daily Bible story. (I use the term "help" very loosely because my team did most of the work this year!) We had 23 four year olds in our class, and I think Kendall's class averaged about 16. It was truly a wonderful week.
I've always thought VBS was a good thing. It's fun and a great way to reach out to the community. However, this year, VBS took on a whole different meaning for me. It became seeds that were planted in my sweet daughter's mind. She came home every day telling us about the Bible stories, singing songs (I'm sure we'll be singing VBS songs for a while!), and grasping new truths. Evan and I pray continually for the girls to come to know Christ and I'm most certain this week of VBS made a difference in Kendall. Looking forward to seeing those seeds continue to grow!





No comments:
Post a Comment