Surely most of the moms with girls recognize this character, right?
Well, yesterday, Kendall and I enjoyed some very much needed mommy-Kendall time, seeing Pinkalicious the Musical at a local dinner play house.
I was so thankful for our little outing yesterday. A sweet mom (of two girls) from our church was unable to use the tickets, so she gave them to us to enjoy. What perfect timing, as my relationship with Kendall has struggled quite a bit since Arden's arrival. I knew she would act out in some form or fashion, but the fact that Kendall has not loved me very much lately has made me a little sad! Things are definitely getting better, thank goodness, and I know we ALL soon be adjusted to being a family of four.
Kendall and I really had so much fun yesterday. I wouldn't say the food was the best I've ever eaten, but those chicken nuggets and waffle fries sure put a smile on the face of the big sister, as did getting to see a real, live play for the very first time. The actual show was just as cute as it could be--very fast-paced and fun.
Oh, and what's a trip to see Pinkalicious without a ginormous pink cupcake? (Sad times for this mama...it was most certainly NOT strawberry cake...only a white cake with pink food coloring!)
After the show was over, Kendall and I made a quick Target run before heading home to Daddy and Arden. We talked a lot about the show and our favorite parts, and Kendall was full of questions. At one point in our conversations, I was going on and on about how much I enjoyed the day with her. I asked her, "Did you have so much fun, too?" Her reply was, "Yes, but it would have been a lot more fun if Daddy could have gone with us." Thanks for bursting my bubble, sister! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment