A few weeks ago, Kendall and I had the privilege to attend her sweet friend Leah's third birthday party. The party was Mary Poppin's themed, complete with kite flying. Kendall had a blast flying kites at the party and was thrilled when she learned she got to bring a kite home as a favor. Since then, we've been waiting on the perfect day to enjoy some kite flying. Evan was off work yesterday and even though it was a little bit chilly, the wind was just right for kite flying! What fun we had! I loved hearing her giggle with excitement!
I also had my 36 week appointment yesterday. (I may have said this in the previous post, but can't remember...) My regular doctor is on vacation this week, so I saw a different doctor in the practice. For whatever reason, she was having a hard time determining if Arden was still breech, (I tried to tell her I knew she was still breech! She's been sitting in the same place the entire pregnancy!) so she decided to go ahead with the ultrasound. Arden is indeed still breech! From what I gathered yesterday, the purpose of the ultrasound is to determine if enough amniotic fluid and space is there in order for the doctors to perform a version (physically turn the baby). My fluid level was at 9.5, and the nurse/tech (whatever she's called) that did my ultrasound said that is on the low end of normal and usually when doctors in that practice turn the baby, they like the level to be above 10. No decision has been made at this point about a c-section or version, but my doctor is pretty cautious and thorough, so I have a gut feeling if she doesn't turn on her own I will end up with a scheduled c-section. I honestly have a great peace about it all, I'm just ready to know one way or the other!
Of course, it was just fun having the ultrasound done yesterday. I was a little bummed it wasn't on the fancy one where I could actually see Arden's face, but still happy to see our sweet little girl! According to the ultrasound, she was weighing about 7 pounds, so with three-four weeks left to go, we could be looking at an 8 pound baby! Also...another fun thing...when we were looking at Arden's head the nurse/tech said, "Do you see that white part? That's the hair on the back of her head!" I don't know how thick it will be, but at least there is some there and I'm not enduring all this heartburn for nothing!
Last night, Evan also arranged for a sitter so he could take me on a date. Much, much needed! We had a gift card left over from Christmas (like I said, our date was MUCH needed!) that could be used several different places, and were planning to try Bonefish Grill, but when we arrived it was an hour wait! On a Tuesday night! Crazy! We ended up at Outback instead. Evan suggested that we walk around at the mall for a bit then have dessert at Cheesecake Factory, which was great being that I was missing out on a girl's night (at Cheesecake Factory) celebrating the arrival of my friend Ashley's fourth and final baby. I was glad I was able to go say hi to my girls and send some well wishes.
Usually when we get cheesecake at CF, we share. When we got there, though, Evan said, "You can get your own if you want!" You see that picture to the left? I promise, the cheesecake is MUCH larger in real life. AND...I may or may not have eaten the entire slice of Chocolate Coconut Cream.
As Evan and I are finishing up at CF, I see this lady walk past our table. I looked at Evan and said, "Is that Sara Ford?" She turned her back to Evan before he could look, so I just shouted out "Sara!" (Then turned my head really fast just in case it wasn't her!) BUT IT WAS!!! She and some other teachers were in Louisville for a conference. How crazy that we just happened to be at the same place at the same time! Sara Ford is the principal at JOKMS, where I taught for five years before our move to Louisville. I love that lady for giving me my first job and will never forget what a God thing it was that she even called me to come interview. It made my evening to catch up with her briefly and reflect on what a blessing my first teaching job truly was! LOVE LOVE LOVE my JOKMS family.
Today, Kendall and I ventured out to the zoo. Our preschool director at church puts together an awesome calendar of play dates and events each spring and summer, and we are always so thankful for these fun outings! Kendall's buddy, Emma, was there today and these girls were pretty much attached at the hip. Emma's grandparents are visiting, and I was very thankful that they were there and offered to help lift Kendall and push her in the swings, as this 36 week pregnant body is feeling it!




2 comments:
I'm sure seeing your former principal in KY was surreal! How neat!
Awww! Arden has a little patch of hair! Babies are such sweet, sweet gifts from God! So happy to see her face soon! Harbor was an 8 pounder... hang in there!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cheesecake Factory!
Post a Comment