Saturday, April 9, 2011

Celebrating Arden!

I think just being from the south, it is somewhat ingrained that you don't do showers for second babies. Honestly, I've never had an issue with attending showers for the second born, as I think ALL babies should be celebrated! However, when it came time for MY second baby, I felt a little awkward about it. I don't know why...maybe because it was the second girl and we had most everything we needed already? At any rate, when the offers came for both of these showers, I made the girls promise they would be laid-back and low key...nothing major at all.

While we were in Arkansas, my cousin/BFF offered to host a baby shower at her home. One of the main reasons I agreed to this was because it would be a great way to see my family and close friends all in one place. What a special day with friends and family! My dad actually drove my Mamaw and Papaw over to Laura's house and my sister was there, too! Laura had an amazing cake made and the rest of the snacks were perfect. Arden received several beautiful little outfits and Kendall was treated like royalty with "Big Sister" gifts.
Arkansas cake

Aunt Marva and Leah Laura and Leah

Kara and Leah

Kendall and Leah


Large View

My sweet girlfriends in Louisville showered us today. Oh my goodness! I don't have enough pictures to do it justice! The decorations were absolutely precious...hand-made fabric flowers on stems, owl (my fave!) and bird cupcake toppers, and a precious name banner! I just loved it all! Arden received more sweet outfits/dresses, diapers, and I think we are pretty set on baby wipes for a while! What a precious time of fellowship with people who have literally become family to us! So very, very thankful!
name sign

gift table

Beth and Leah

Steph, Kendall, Erica, and Emily

Amber, Maryem, Liz, Beth

Amber and Chanda

Amber and Leah


Purple Smocked

Kendall Tangled

I had to throw the above picture in...Kendall received the movie Tangled from her friend Emma as a big sister gift. She was soooo excited. If Kendall asked once, she asked a thousand times if she could watch it when we got home. She carried it around with her for about the entire length of the shower. So when Amber got ready to take a picture of the gift I just opened, Kendall proudly held up her movie. It was too funny!

gifts opened

gifts opened 2

Hostess Picture

I will admit that it's been so fun this go-around, actually opening up little girl things instead of gender neutral! Arden has received some beautiful things and I can't wait to play baby doll with her! I can't believe her arrival will be so soon! I still have a few things that need to be done--pack hospital bags, go purchase the pack-and-play, and take inventory/purchase some little things we still need. Everyone around our house is getting so excited!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I still can't believe you made it your first pregnancy without finding out the gender! Wow! I love your shower pictures, you look good! I love baby showers, even for second babies. Baby Arden is special! I am so happy for you!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

So much fun! Love the decor at your Louisville shower. They did awesome!