According to my doctor, tomorrow marks the beginning of week 36. Woo Hoo! There is an end in sight! Last night, I was standing at the sink trying to wash out some pots and pans, and my belly kept hitting the edge of the counter, making it a little bit more difficult to get the job done. All I could think while standing there was, "Thank goodness the end is near!" At the moment, sweet baby Arden is breech. I know she still has a little bit of time to turn, but she's seemignly been comfortable in this position for the entire pregnancy. I was a little bummed this past Tuesday when I went to the doctor and she still hadn't turned, but have finally taken an "it is what it is" approach. My doctor is on vacation this week, so I won't actually see him, but if I go in next week and she's still breech, then he will do an ultrasound and discuss the options. I'm hoping and praying she will turn, as I would really like to avoid a c-section (I've never had any kind of major surgery, so I'm a little flipped out about having my body cut on!) but I also want Arden here the safest and healthiest way possible! The Lord already knows her birthday and how she will arrive, and I am just trusting Him.
On a funny note, one of my nurse friends suggested stacking the couch cushions and lying across them with my head on the floor for 30 minutes, so I tried it. I lasted all of about 45 seconds, called for help, and Evan came in with his phone taking pictures. It was somewhat of a riot. I then emailed my said nurse friend and told her that was SO hard (which, by the way, my friend is an actual labor and delivery nurse and said that her doctors will even recommend trying that method!) and asked what else she suggested. She told me I could also prop an ironing board on a couch or bed and lay across it for 30 minutes. I haven't tried this one yet, but I do know my cousin and his wife did it with their first baby, and it worked! So, I'm thinking if I go in on Tuesday and Arden still hasn't turned, I can try the ironing board thing before my next appointment. I know...crazy, but it can't hurt to try, right?
For the most part, we are ready for Arden's arrival. I've washed the baby clothes, the shared room is basically complete, and the closets are cleaned out. I still have a few things to do like pack hospital bags and give my house one good cleaning, but I'm thinking that we're about as ready as we're going to be at this point. We had one small shower while we were in Arkansas (pictures to come later!) and some of my sweet Louisville friends are showering us this Saturday, so that will be fun. I think most of our "big" needs are taken care of, and I am so thankful. It's been really neat to watch the Lord provide for the needs AND some of the little wants, too. He is so good to take care of us all the time!
Only four weeks left! Can't believe it!
3 comments:
Your post was very inspiring, as I'm having a difficult time maintaining my patience (d-day is April 11). I've been having "false labor" for about a week; which on one hand is reassuring that the end is near, but on the other hand is frustrating because each time I get my hopes up that "this is it!"
I hope baby Arden turns for you; but the advantage of a c-section is you have a pretty solid due date. Good luck, and we'll keep you in our prayers!
I've heard many people say that the couch cushion thing on the floor works every time....you might give it another try. Maybe your couch cushions weren't "cushiony" enough....what if you tried bed pillows....just a thought. GOod luck! Will be praying for you and Miss Arden.
you look(ed) amazing, and the painting is a nice accessory! congrats on Arden! loves..
Post a Comment