Who remembers THIS post?
From a few months after she was born until about a week ago, Kendall has been sleeping with miney. However, miney doesn't quite look the same. It is in shreds. See for yourself.
I know. Pretty pitiful, huh? I can't figure out what is more pitiful--ratty looking miney or the fact that Evan and I couldn't take it away from her. Believe me; we tried. Hard. First we tried having Kendall give up miney cold turkey. Didn't work. We tried talking to her about what a big girl she was, and how big girls didn't need to sleep with blankets. She didn't care. We tried replacing miney. The end result of that was just more stuff in her bed at night. We honestly decided it just wasn't that big of a deal since miney never left our house and was mainly used for sleeping at night. (Although miney occasionally made an appearance throughout our daily routine!) I'm pretty sure, though, that her pitiful cries for miney would have made any person cave. :)
I think, though, the days of miney are over.
Last week while Kendall and I were in Arkansas, we left miney at my Mamaw and Papaw's house and I didn't realize it until it was too late. I wondered how Kendall would go to sleep that night without miney, but she was preoccupied with Clarabell, her new hippopotamus/sleeping bag. :) She asked about miney, so I just told her that we left it at Mamaw and Papaw's house and Pop Roger would have to mail it back. She was fine with that, probably because she LOVES to get packages in the mail! HA!
So a week has passed and she hasn't said anything about miney, nor has she shown any sadness at nighttime.
My dad called today. He said, "Leah, do you want me to mail this rag thing back or just throw it away?" Can you believe he thought I would want it to be thrown away?!?!? :) "Daddy, please don't throw it away. Mail it back. Even if Kendall doesn't need it anymore, I still want to put miney in her keepsake box."
Sniff, sniff. I can't believe we are past the days of miney blanket. Sad times for mommy. I thought she'd go to college with that thing!

5 comments:
Henry still sleeps with all 3 of his "night-nights" every night! I decided a long time ago it wasn't a big deal either if he wants to take them to college when he goes. If it makes him feel secure, I'm fine with him having them as long as he wants!
I really cannot imagine how that thing got shredded like that and she still wants it. LOL. That is too cute! I keep wondering what stuffed animal or blanket Sarah will "claim!"
I think her Miney is so sweet! I actually had a little trinket I slept with until I was around 5th grade! Ha! I'm so glad you have documented it- someday, Kendall will get a kick out of the story! :) Can't wait to see Arden!
LJ has a blankie too. We call him "blanks." I can't even imagine a day that blanks can't make everything better...I'm afraid he may be on his way to looking like miney, though. :o)
Hope you're feeling well. I know I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. How about you?
i shed a few tears for both of you!
Post a Comment