I think I am a little behind at posting the belly pictures. (Oh, shucks!) Things got kind-of crazy around here in February, and I forgot to take a picture at my week 28/29 visit. I went to the doctor on Friday, and I actually think this is the beginning of week 32. CRAZY!!!
All is well...my belly is growing and growing. I feel like I carry Arden similar to the way I carried Kendall--all in the front. I pretty much gain all my weight in the middle of my body. I'm okay with that, I guess. I hate maternity clothes as it is (can't keep the pants up, don't prefer shirts/dresses that tie in the back) so I've been able to wear a lot of my regular tops and dresses this time around which certainly helps with our budget!
Nothing exciting to report, really. I am officially in the "every two weeks" doctor visit stage. I'm not having any swelling, my weight gain is fine, and Arden's heartbeat is strong. I feel tired a lot and am starting to not sleep as well, but I guess that is to be expected.
I have also experienced A LOT of pregnancy brain in the last couple of weeks. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind!! One particular instance, I was making a phone call to a girl about babysitting, and in the middle of leaving a message, I drew a complete blank on my phone number! I hung up the phone, feeling like a complete idiot, and I still couldn't remember! Thirty minutes later, I sent Evan a text message to ask him (because I couldn't figure out where to look for the number in my phone!) and he didn't reply until much later in the afternoon, so I posted something on Facebook. Thankfully someone messaged my number to me. Really, I've forgotten my phone number before, but not for over an hour.
Another example of pregnancy brain happened after a Thirty One show a couple of weeks ago. When the show was over, a couple of the girls were going to watch American Idol DVRd, and they invited me to join them. I was driving our little black car, which we often refer to as the "beater." The car does not have power door locks, so most of the time we just don't lock the car doors. (There is nothing in there to steal, I promise. And if someone did steal, they probably need it worse than we do anyway!) Well, not too long ago, something happened to the driver's side door and it will not open from the outside. Also, since we've had the car, the passenger's side door has NEVER unlocked from the outside, and of course, there are no keyholes on the backseat doors. Well, that particular night I decided I needed to lock all four doors since I had all my Thirty One product in the car, plus money. I thought I was being really smart until it was time to leave. I tried to unlock the driver's side door. NOTHING. It wasn't until I went around to the passenger's side that I realized there was no way to get into my car! My friend Amber and I stood outside laughing hysterically (after midnight, mind you!) when finally our friend Kary came out of her house to find out what was going on. We then tried to climb through the trunk, but Kendall's car seat was in the way. Finally, we ended up waking up Kary's husband (who is a fireman) and he came outside (with a head lamp on) and broke into my car with a coat hanger. It was crazy.
That's really about it. Kendall and I are gearing up for a visit home soon. I am super excited about seeing family since I was sick at Christmas, and Kendall is excited about chewing gum on the airplane and riding in Pop Roger's car. :) It's wild to think this will be our last visit before Arden arrives. I hope everything goes well...I will admit I'm a little bit nervous about traveling this late into the pregnancy, but my doctor assured me that it's fine. I guess it's a good thing there are decent hospitals in the area!
4 comments:
One day when I was pregnant with Ti I couldn't remember how to open my garage door. I was looking for something on my visor to use and I was in the Tahoe that has the button in the middle of the car that opens the door. I felt so stupid.
That is too funny!! Love the headlamp! Can't wait to see you girls this weekend!
you look great!!!! thanks for the funny stories :)
I sure hope you come home before we leave!
Post a Comment