Thursday, April 15, 2010

So I don't forget

Kendall was especially funny today.

In the car, on the way home from school she says, "I want to go on a "cay-cation," so I said, "Tell your daddy and maybe he will take us on one!" The conversation wasn't over then; she kept on going. "I want to go to the beach and I want to eat ice cream." Then she adds, "I want to swim in a pool and you can help me." Later on this evening, Kendall was becoming very persistent about going to the beach. I finally told her that vacations take a lot of planning and we would have to pack a suitcase and take some time to get ready for one. She then says, "I want a Dora suitcase."

Clearly, she is my child. Anything having to do with summer on the brain!

She also yelled out in the car tonight, "The Lord God saves!" I said, "Yes, he does, but Kendall, where did you learn that?" Kendall said, "From Erin." I asked her, "Erin at your school?" She said, "No, Erin at church. You know, Lydia's mommy." Erin, Lydia's mommy, kept the nursery on Palm Sunday. That was three weeks ago...the week Kendall came home with a craft from church and we asked her if Mr. Ryan and Mrs. Erin taught her a Bible story. After she said "yes" and we asked her what it was about, she said, "I don't know, they just read us a book." Apparently something stuck from that book they read...Kendall now knows that "The Lord God saves!"

1 comment:

aunt judy said...

Precious girl.....making precious memories.