speaking of razorback game dates, it was on this particular weekend SIX years ago that evan first asked me to hang out. and guess what we did??? watched ole miss and arkansas play football. i remember it very vividly, mainly because i called my friend jennifer when i left and said, "He's SOOO not interested." it's fun to think back on the things i remember about that night now that we are married. especially since now i know he WAS indeed interested, he was just mad that the Hogs lost the game!
i shared a honeycrisp apple with kendall today. apples don't get much better...
when kendall and i were making the bed this morning, i said, "tomorrow is your birthday." Kendall replies with, "i get my new pack-pack?" she was with me when i bought it, and i told her we were saving it for her birthday. i love that her little brain remembered that. how excited will she be to open it?!?!?
i attended Thursday Morning Bible Study this morning. oh, how i miss it when i am working. what a wonderful group of women, and such great encouragement.
because David Crowder Band's Remedy is playing right now. love that song. love the words.
yesterday kendall and i were driving and we passed a Moby Dick restaurant. kendall says, "Ooohh, scary whale." yes, Kendall, that whale is pretty scary. never eaten there, but the food probably is a little scary too. :)
evan and i had a random opportunity present itself this week. we talked and prayed about it, not sure of what to do. today when he got home, i said "let's write down yes or no on separate sheets of paper to see if we're on the same page." we did, and we had the same answer. God is so faithful to us to hear our prayers and i'm so thankful.
some man stopped by our house today, selling steaks or something. when i answered the door, he asked if my mother or father was at home. really??? do i look that young???
because I'm about to wrap a birthday present for kendall that evan picked out ON HIS OWN. what a sweet, sweet daddy she has!
What are your reasons for smiling today?!?!?
5 comments:
Have a great time this weekend!! We are sorry we can't be there, but we will be thinking of you guys! Happy B-Day Kendall!
I'm smiling because I just got home from a date with my husband -one of very few in the last year! So thankful for PNO! I'm also smiling b/c my husband came home at lunch today and stayed with Emmy all afternoon so I could go get a haircut and facial!!
I am smiling because I know how happy you are to have your mom and Bekah there today.
Here we are, 6 years later, and the Hogs STILL can't beat Ole Miss....arggh!!
That is so funny that the guy selling steaks asked for your 'parents'. What a compliment!:) Glad ya'll enjoyed your trip! I will let you know about Saturday. I think Grace may be coming down with sickness so we may not be able to come. If so, I certainly don't want to expose any one! I was looking forward to seeing ya'll though..
Post a Comment