Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthday Number Two!

What a fantastic birthday weekend!!! Here is the birthday girl herself! Notice her crocs...Kendall has become very opinionated about what shoes she would like to wear, and it's just not a battle I'm willing to fight. At least they are pink, right?!?! :)
Here we are are with our sweet friends, Brian and Kendra. We love them. I really wanted to pack them in my suitcase and bring them back to Louisville. Maybe next time.

The boys wanted to eat ribs at the Rendezvous on Friday night, so I took cupcakes for dessert to celebrate Kendall's big day. The Rendezvous is well known for a fun atmosphere before Razorback games, and that it was! We got there fairly early, but it was getting pretty hype with Hog calling as the evening progressed. Kendall was pretty antsy from sitting in a car seat for six hours already that day, and wasn't real keen on sitting in a high chair for dinner. She also got a little overwhelmed at all the noise. While she knows and loves "Woo Pig Sooie" she flipped out a little at the full-fledged Hog call!





Lets CALL THOSE HOGS!!!
Evan's birthday is this coming Friday, so he got to blow out a birthday candle, too!



I was very excited to see two of my good friends from high school, too. Robin (far left) lives close to Memphis and drove over for Kendall's birthday dinner. She and I have been friends since pre-school. Adriane (middle) missed the dinner, but got to drive me back to the hotel that night, then I saw her for a few minutes after the game on Saturday. Love them!!!

Evan's mom, dad, and sister were all able to come celebrate with us, so we shared a hotel room with them. After dinner, Kendall had a few more gifts to open. She was so very excited to open up her new pack-pack!




Saturday morning, we got up bright and early to get ready for the game. Kendall stayed with her Nana and "Aunt Merenith" so mommy and daddy could go to the game with their friends. She makes a pretty cute cheerleader, huh???

The game stunk.
It's not fun being at someone else's field watching your team lose.
Kendra and I got some good visiting in while watching the game, and we also experienced the guy sitting next to us throw up. GROSS!! Kendra then overhears the girl with him say, "He'd been eating and drinking all morning, I had no idea he had a bleeding ulcer!" Really, people. Not smart!
When the game was over, we walked to The Grove and found The Pond's tailgate. We got some good food (I ate two brownies and a huge iced sugar cookie. Both were GOOOOOD!!!) and I got to visit with my sweet friends for a few minutes before we had to leave.


Evan and I then drove down to my dad's house for the night. When we arrived, he had dinner all ready for us--complete with the table set and a plate of pickles, cheese, and banana peppers. He even made cornbread from scratch! We ate and let him play with Kendall for a little bit before we all CRASHED before 10:00. Kendall slept in a big bed for the first time all by herself, and did GREAT! (Maybe we should bring the twin bed up from the basement?!?!)




On Sunday, both sets of grandparents, Aunt Judy and Faith all came for lunch. We had a great time visiting and eating!









Evan and I loaded up and made it back to Louisville around 10:45 last night. We didn't even get the 4-Runner unloaded all the way before we crashed! It was a whirlwind trip, but I'll take it. I'd rather see my friends and family for a short period than not see them at all. We leave a little piece of our hearts every time we go home, but are confident that Louisville is where we need to be for now! We are so loved and so very blessed...and so thankful for such a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Love the cheerleader outfit! Glad she had a good bday!!

Kara said...

So sweet and I just love the way you keep her hair trimmed...

Cassie said... said...

she is so beautiful!