I try to be intentional about the time that Kendall and I have together in the evenings, since I don't get to be with her during the day. Some days, this is more easy than others! One night last week, I decided we would play dress up and got out a couple pairs of shoes and some old necklaces I don't wear anymore. Kendall had a fun time clanking around in my shoes and pulling the necklaces off and on. I didn't get any good pictures of her face, but I love this one below!
This picture was before church on Wednesday night. I think this outfit is super cute. It was a hand-me-down from my friend Carey's daughter, Karis. Kendall was so cute sporting it! I think it's hard to see in this picture, but it's white denim with a blue shirt underneath. Kendall also grabbed the blue bracelets on her own out of the closet. That's my girl--matching accessories already! :)
Thursday, while I was cooking dinner, I put Kendall in the high chair with a crayon and some paper. I made a mental note to keep a close eye on her, but I guess I got engrossed in whatever I was doing. When I finally remembered to turn around, she looked like a Smurf! She had eaten the crayon! Thank goodness Crayola is non-toxic! 
Evan's mom made Kendall some PRECIOUS dresses and sent them to us last week. I tried the dresses on her when we got the box last Saturday, but failed to take pictures. I put the dresses on her again today to get some pictures, but Kendall was not cooperating very well. (She's got a runny nose and is getting in some teeth.) She even ran away from me at one point when she saw me with one of the dresses saying, "No, No." I think that meant she was not wanting to play dress-up in her own clothes! HA!
The one above is a cute little peasant style dress. It's really cute on her and will be great for the summer. The one below is a pillowcase dress with a purple gingham underneath, then a sheer fabric overlay. This picture is blurry, but it's a really cute little dress, too. 
The last one is my favorite! It's a turquoise and brown halter dress with a flower pinned a the neck. I need to make a big brown bow to go with this one! SOOO adorable! Thank you, Nana, for all my pretty dresses! We LOVE them!
We finally spent Kendall's gift card and opted for a wagon. (Thanks for all your outside toy suggestions, by the way. I'm holding off on the swing set for a bit. My dad and I are discussing some different options of things we might make work--he's thinking he might be able to attach something to our garage to hang a swing and mount a slide. We'll see. He's pretty crafty like that, so I'm sure he'll come up with something fabulous.)
Funny thing--when we finally decided to get the wagon, Target ran them on sale the next week. We actually hadn't purchased the wagon yet, so when I saw the ad, I thought that was the perfect time to get it. I went to two different Target stores and ended up having to get a rain check. When I went back two weeks ago, they were still out of stock, but FINALLY this week I got it! YAY!!!
Evan put it together this afternoon and Kendall was loving it, along with our neighbor's daughter, Erica. (She loves to come over and play with Kendall. I'm glad Kendall has someone to help keep herself entertained!) Evan pulled the girls up and down the street a couple of times and I followed behind them with the camera! I know we will have loads of fun with this little red wagon! I'm so glad we got it!






3 comments:
love the pics & I love how kids are NEVER in the mood for pics when you are!
Love the dresses (the brown and blue is my absolute favorite!)! That was so sweet of your MIL!
We love our wagon too! You guys will have so much fun having it, and she can keep it for a long time to come!
The crayon eating is awesome! That made me laugh!
Sweet! The brown and blue dress is my fav also, although they are all ADORABLE! We have that same wagon and LOVE it! =)
Post a Comment