Thursday, April 23, 2009

a year and a half

Wow, Kendall! It's hard to believe you are a year and a half old! Mommy really wishes she could slow this train down a little bit; it's going too fast! You are precious beyond words. Your daddy and I enjoy you so much. We love watching you discover life and learn new things. It seems like something "new" happens daily.

What can I say about all you can do at 18 months? You know a lot of words, some of them with multiple syllables. Sometimes we still hear a lot of jabber, but I know you are just trying to figure out how to get that jabber into sentences! I love how you have your own names for things--like "beep beep" for cars, "mooch" for milk and "hello" for the phone. When we were in the car today, I handed your sippy cup to you and I heard a "thank you" come out of your mouth! It's so sweet to see you already use your manners!

You love to play and be played with. Besides playing dress up, your favorite "toys" of choice are your books. You LOVE to read and look at books! It's a precious sight. All the words and pictures you recognize is pretty amazing, too. You also love your baby dolls and usually take one to bed with you at night. Recently, I've even seen you bounce them on your knee and wrap them in blankets. So sweet.


As far as food goes, you are a great eater. You love most foods-especially fruit. You do not want anyone to feed you and can use a spoon pretty well. Lately, you have been rebelling against your sippy cups and want to drink out of big people cups instead. If the cup is too full, you usually drench yourself. I guess that is all part of learning!

Making mommy and daddy smile is not too hard of a task for you! We still think you are the funniest when you start dancing. Anytime you hear the faintest of music, you break out your moves--even if you are in the middle of playing with something. It completely cracks us up! I also love when we are in the car and you start bobbing your head and raising your hands in the air. Yesterday, Wes King's very old "I Believe" came on and you were breaking it down in the car. I had tears because all I could think was how much I hope that song becomes truth for you.

You are the friendliest little thing, never meeting a stranger. It's crazy how many conversations can be started while we wait in line at the grocery store because you want to talk and smile to the ones behind us in line. Sometimes I wonder if it's just because people are attracted to babies or if it's really because you are cuter than most. :)
Today at the doctor, you weighed right at 24 pounds and you were 31 inches, which puts you in the 50th percentile. Developmentally, you are right on track! You wear 18 month clothes, size 4 diapers, and I'm pretty sure you are about to outgrow all your size 4 shoes.
Kendall Grace, we love you so much and look forward to watching you grow and grow!

8 comments:

Cassie said... said...

I'm so glad we have a chance to watch little Kendall grow even from 100's of miles away.

Unknown said...

Time goes by so fast. Cherish the moments.

The Petersen Family said...

Leah, what a sweet Mommy you are! Kendall is a lucky little girl to have you :)

Adam Holly Grace said...

I love how you wrote this to her! It brought tears to my eyes. These days with our babies are so "priceless" because time does fly by!:(

H

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

What a big girl! You guys are so blessed!

Campbell Crusade said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I love the letter you wrote to Kendall. What a special thing it will be to her someday when she can look back and read it. You and Evan are wonderful parents and is is very blessed to have you!

Anonymous said...

That made me tear up leah, what agood sweet mommy you are, Kendall is so blessed! She is a gorgeous little girl, I too wish we could stop time and enjoy these baby stages a little longer!

Meredith said...

Happy 18 month birthday Kendall Grace!! You are such a beautiful, smart, sweet girl. Sending lots of love and hugs all the way from Little Rock!