Saturday, April 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

I don't really have much to write about. Leah likes for me to post on here though, and I could use a break from homework for a couple of minutes, so here goes.

1. Congratulations to Hog Hoopster Sonny Weems on winning the College Slam Dunk Contest Thursday night. Weems is the second Hog that I know of to win this contest (Brandon Dean won it back in 2002). For the record, I don't think there were even any Bama or LSU players good enough to get invited :-)

2. I bought my first two commentaries this week, so I now I feel like a bona fide Bible student. They are both on the epistles of John and were needed for a background paper I am writing on 1 John for my NT Survey II class. One is by I. Howard Marshall and the other is by Daniel Akin. Akin used to be the Dean of Theology at Southern Seminary and is now President at Southeastern. So far I've read the introductory chapter in each, and based on that little bit I think I'll really enjoy these two. Both seem to be really accessible and easy to read. I'm really looking forward to working on this paper.

3. Arkansas spring football started this week and I wish I could be there to see a couple of practices under our new coach. All these Louisville fans bad mouth him because he left them, but I know they're just bitter. I'm just glad we're finally rid of Nutt. Maybe now we can actually start looking forward to WINNING conference championships and bowl gamesi instead of just being happy to get to one. Plus we may finally get to see what a forward pass ilooks like.

4. All this rain needs to stop already! I'm ready to get outside and have some fun. I missed out on a fishing trip this week because of too much rain. I haven't swung a golf club or picked up a fishing rod since last summer, so I'm ready!

5. The Masters is this week. I can't wait. I'd love to visit Augusta some time. I can't even imagine what it would be like to get to play there. My money says Tiger will be wearing green next Sunday evening.

I better get back to work now.