Saturday night, Evan and I invited three couples over for a "make-your-own" pizza party! I've had this idea for a while now, but just now got around to making it happen. The three couples we had over have been so kind to us since we moved here, I just wanted to show our gratitude to them for all they have done for us!
Before I go on, let me just say that Saturday was a little crazy, and as I was preparing for our party, I questioned myself several times!!! When we woke up that morning, we noticed something was wrong with the hot water faucet in the kitchen. Evan messed around with it some that morning, but it was still giving us problems that afternoon, so about 45 minutes before our guests arrived, he decides he's going to dissect the whole thing!!! At this point, he hasn't had a shower, I haven't finished getting the food ready, and our kitchen is barely large enough for one warm body! As I'm preparing the dessert, I realize I didn't read the recipe correctly when I made the grocery list and I really needed double the amount of some of the ingredients, so I ended up having to send Evan back to the store (thank goodness for the dirty-K that is 2 seconds away from our apartment) and then had to call one of the guests to bring ANOTHER ingredient over!!! Kendall also decided she didn't want to nap, but that may have been because when Evan came in from the gym he went into her room and started talking to her instead of letting her sleep. Needless to say, right before everyone showed up, I almost looked at Evan and said, "Please don't speak to me for the rest of the night because I don't want to get into a fight with all these people here!" It was just one of those "married moments" kind of a day!
Back to the pizza party...I provided the crust and sauce for the pizzas and everyone brought different toppings. We made four pizzas-pepperoni, pepperoni and italian sausage, veggie, and a supreme. Not a single slice of pizza was leftover! In keeping with the pizza theme, I made a banana split brownie pizza (I'll post the recipe later) that was SO easy, very pretty, and delish!!! It seemed as though everyone had a great time and Evan and I were glad to entertain some folks for the evening!
Before I go on, let me just say that Saturday was a little crazy, and as I was preparing for our party, I questioned myself several times!!! When we woke up that morning, we noticed something was wrong with the hot water faucet in the kitchen. Evan messed around with it some that morning, but it was still giving us problems that afternoon, so about 45 minutes before our guests arrived, he decides he's going to dissect the whole thing!!! At this point, he hasn't had a shower, I haven't finished getting the food ready, and our kitchen is barely large enough for one warm body! As I'm preparing the dessert, I realize I didn't read the recipe correctly when I made the grocery list and I really needed double the amount of some of the ingredients, so I ended up having to send Evan back to the store (thank goodness for the dirty-K that is 2 seconds away from our apartment) and then had to call one of the guests to bring ANOTHER ingredient over!!! Kendall also decided she didn't want to nap, but that may have been because when Evan came in from the gym he went into her room and started talking to her instead of letting her sleep. Needless to say, right before everyone showed up, I almost looked at Evan and said, "Please don't speak to me for the rest of the night because I don't want to get into a fight with all these people here!" It was just one of those "married moments" kind of a day!
Back to the pizza party...I provided the crust and sauce for the pizzas and everyone brought different toppings. We made four pizzas-pepperoni, pepperoni and italian sausage, veggie, and a supreme. Not a single slice of pizza was leftover! In keeping with the pizza theme, I made a banana split brownie pizza (I'll post the recipe later) that was SO easy, very pretty, and delish!!! It seemed as though everyone had a great time and Evan and I were glad to entertain some folks for the evening!
Yummy pizza!
Dessert Pizza...
James and Trey making Kendall laugh!
Kendall practicing sitting up all by herself .
Dessert Pizza...
James and Trey making Kendall laugh!
Kendall practicing sitting up all by herself .(She is definitely the supported sitter right now!)
It looks like she is leaning on Evan, but she really wasn't!
Daddy trying to get an early start on her walking!
9 comments:
Mmmmm...looks good!! Ok have another pizza party and add us to the list this time. =0
Oh and yes we have had those don't look at me or talk to me so we don't fight in front of people moments. lol Thankfully they don't happen too often!!
You will have to post the recipe for that dessert! It looks fabulous!!
Your party sounds so fun. Maybe I"ll have to try your idea sometime. What kind of crust did you do? Homemade? Do you have that many pizza pans? How did you fit them all into the oven?
I am wondering about the crust too. How fun! I do that with my kids, but hadn't thought of having friends over for that. I had to laugh on the "don't look at me" stuff...it is the fun part of being married. :)
Reba
sounds like a great party! That's a great idea to make your own pizza. I can't wait for the dessert recipe. Yum!
That looks yummy and a lot of fun. You are such a great hostess!
Yay for Kendall sitting up so well!
Leah, you look awesome! What a great idea with the pizza. Yum!
What a great idea! I will have to remember that one...
I haven't had my computer for a while, so I am catching up on old posts. I am so glad you all are making good friends there! What a fun idea- I might have to steal it. :)
Post a Comment