Just because she's such a cutie...
(and because I get in trouble by my mom when I don't post pictures!) :)


As you can see, Kendall is getting really good at holding up her head by herself. She will still do the bobble-head sometimes, but for the most part, she's got great control! We've been working hard this week on rolling over, having a lot of tummy time in the floor.
Kendall was having a big time playing with her daddy before bed one night! In these pictures, you can really see how much she is growing!
Both of my babies don't feel well. Kendall is SUPER congested again and Evan is sick with a sinus infection and has even been running fever! Poor things! I don't think Kendall feels all that bad, she seems to be sleeping just fine and has been her normal happy self for the most part, with a couple of cranky spells here and there. Evan went to Walgreens last night and bought a humidifier and when I went to the grocery store this afternoon, I bought some Vick's Baby Rub. My pharmacist cousin, Laura, (I should probably start paying her since I call her so much for medical advice!) told me to put the Vick's Rub on a washcloth and hang it over the edge of her crib, so I did that this afternoon. She's napping right now, so we'll see if she sounds any better when she wakes up. I cooked chicken and dumplings for dinner (the Bisquick kind) in hopes to comfort the big sick kid!!! (Evan doesn't normally like dumplings, but said that sounded good to him tonight!) I have also disinfected the apartment with Lysol in efforts to keep myself well, AND (being the take charge person I am) :), made the executive decision that we are all staying home from church tomorrow so we don't catch anything else or spread anything around! (Yes, we are one of those families that literally has to be DYING before we stay home from church!) I hate missing church-I feel like my week is all messed up whenever I miss-but in this case I just feel it's necessary! Apparently, there is a lot of sickness going around. Our SS class had a fellowship planned for tonight that was cancelled because the host family's kiddos were sick. Evan and I were secretly glad it got cancelled (sad to hear that the kids were sick, though!) because we knew we would miss out on some really good food!
4 comments:
The feely cruddies are definitely going around. I have felt yucky all day. I'm debating church tomorrow. Like you, I have to be dying not to go. Plus, I'm supposed to work with Kids on Mission (elementary kids) and hate to not show up for that. (Of course, I'm sure other people don't want my germs!)
Yep, it is the time of year. Joshua has been stopped up for two weeks. I honestly don't know how such a little body makes all that snot. Now Hunter is sniffling too. It is better to stay at home, take the time to recover, then be healthy so you can go back next week. :) Your chicken and dumplings made me hungry...I love them, but I don't like to make them. So feel free to send some my way. :)
Reba
Hey Leah...I completely know how you feel. The kids and are home today from church also. We had a big Super Bowl party planned for today right church to last until evening. I even started cook yesterday. But as the day went on...Dalton started running a 103 temp, then Cambre started next with a high temp (this morning it was 104.1), Cole threw up once, Cambre threw after she got in bed, Malachi just has a snotty nose...and they are all coughing. It's so crazy. All my kiddo's have been hit hard. All since yesterday afternoon. So.....we've had to cancel the party. Put all the groceries up we had set out to cook (I don't know what I'm going to do with 10 baking potatoes) and put all the meat back in the freezer. We're so bummed!
Hey, this sounds so crazy. But I've had several people tell me about doing this recently...and Kelli Selvy is one of them. Take that Vicks rub and rub it on the bottom of their feet and then place their socks back on. It is supposed to help with congestion and with the cough. It sounds so ridiculously crazy...but it does work.
Hope everyone gets to feeling better. And I love reading your post. Your words and your faith...it's so encouraging. We're missing you guys!
Glad I'm not the only one that had to cancel a party. I felt SO bad doing so but knew that we didn't want to spread any germs around. The two oldest are still sick with fever.
Sorry to hear that you all are sick too. Hopefully feeling better by now. Hope that you can make it to Gumbo on the 16th(?) and that all will be well.
I have recently heard about the Vick's on feet too! Haven't tried it though.
Post a Comment