Saturday, January 26, 2008

Our big girl!!!



(Not a great picture, but at least you can see how well she's holding her head up! Also, you gotta love that widow's peak. She gets that from her daddy! She's also got a crazy cow-lick in the front. Maybe her hair will grow longer so we can just cover it up! At any rate, you can really tell her hair is growing in! Maybe it will be long enough for bows soon!)

Kendall turned three months old this past Wednesday!!

We took her to the doctor yesterday for a check-up. She weighed 10 pounds, 15 ounces and was 23 3/8 inches long. Kendall is on the bottom end of the curve as far as weight goes, but the doctor said it wasn't any big deal as long as she is gaining weight consistently. I guess she's just going to be long and lean like her Pop! Our doctor was very pleased with her progress and told us a million times how great she looked. Of course, Evan and I were happy to hear good things!

Kendall is on the verge of rolling over. (Even the doctor told us yesterday he could tell it wouldn't be very long!) She's pushing off on everything, and even gets really frustrated about it. She has started laughing out loud a little more consistently, but still won't do it all the time. We've also had to retire a couple of 0-3 month sleepers because she's getting too long for them! It's really fun to watch her hit these milestones!

The doctor also encouraged me to begin stretching out her feedings during the day. I'm a little nervous about this, just because stretching out her feedings will cause one feeding to drop. She sleeps through the night all the time (usually from about 10:30-7:00) and I'm afraid dropping a feeding will cause her to wake up during the night. I do think it's time to stretch out the feedings a bit, mainly because we are having to wake her up almost all the time to eat! Stretching the feedings should also help Evan and I get into bed earlier, which is a good thing, since he started classes this past week and is needing some extra rest!

Other things that are going on...

Kendall and I started a "mommy and me" walking class at the Seminary a couple of weeks ago. I know it doesn't sound like it, but it's a WORK OUT!!! We go two mornings a week and have had fun meeting some other mommies and babies!

Thursday morning bible study also started back this past week. I'm so excited to be doing a Beth Moore study again. It's been a while. I think the last one I did was Believing God about three years ago. We are doing Stepping Up: The Psalms of Ascent and although I've only worked through one day, I think I'm going to learn a lot.

Last night, Evan, Kendall, and I went to the Seniors Game Night at our church. (This is a bi-monthly event at our church for the Senior Adults, however anyone is welcome to attend.) We had a blast! For those of you who don't know, Kendall being 8-10 hours away from her grandparents, great grandparents, and aunts is a BATTLE for me. (I mean, lots of tears are shed over this issue!) I grew up VERY close to both sets of my grandparents and love them SO much...it's hard for me to imagine Kendall not having the same experience. Because of this, Evan and I are praying that we will find "adopted" grandparents for Kendall while we are here and decided that attending Senior Game Night was a good place to begin getting to know "grandparent" type people. We played Skip-Bo (Skip-Boo as one of the sweet ladies called it) with three other ladies. Evan even won a game!!! We were probably the only couple there under the age of 40 and Kendall was the only baby, so of course, she got A LOT of attention! One of the ladies (named Leah) held Kendall most of the evening and even the men were talking and playing with her. I must say, it was JOY to my heart seeing Kendall get "grandparent-like" attention!!!! One of the couples took our contact information so they could invite us over sometime! What an answer to prayer!

Better go for now...I'll try to post some better pictures soon. Maybe we can get her laughing on video and post it, too.

Love to all!

12 comments:

The "W" Family said...

Time flies fast! I love her big blue eyes- I'm sure you hear that often! The slide show below is precious. Sounds like you all are adjusting well to parent life and making lots of new friends!

Karen L. said...

I'm so jealous you have senior people in your church! I really miss that about our church. Enjoy every minute of it.

Meredith said...

That sounds like a fun night. I love to play Skip-Bo. I guess it's kind of our family's game. :) I'm sure Kendall enjoyed all the attention.

Reba said...

They grow so quickly! You will just be amazed at all of the many things she will learn in the next few months. The mommy and me walking sounds fun! And I need to check out that Beth Moore study...I have been looking for a good study to do. Anyway, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time as a family of three! I am so glad...
Reba

Lindsey said...

She's such a PRETTY baby!

The Hickmans said...

How exciting- all of it! It sounds like God is really blessing you all. Kendall is sooo beautiful!

Gary and Kellye said...

Sounds like your making the best of being away from home! I'm sure Kendall doesn't mind the attention, either. :) I can't wait to see her again, she's growing so fast!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture, Leah!! I love to read about Kendall's milestones! Isn't it fun to have other people enjoy your baby? I'm glad you've made good connections at your church!

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Hi guy's! She is soooo cute. Just want to pinch her little cheeks. = ) Glad you went to the senior night. I am looking forward to the one in Feb.

About the grandparents living away - my Mom lives 4 hours away and I worried at first about Maddie not being as close to her. Amazingly though kids just know their grandparents. She (and Libby) is just as close to my Mom as she is to other family who live here in town. They LOVE their Mimi!

That being said I think it is a GREAT idea to find adopted grandparents!!

Justin Eisele said...

...and lean like her daddy"

?

is this evan like 10 years ago.

oooh...burn...

sincerely,

the fat uncle

Jessica said...

How is your mommy and me class going?

Leah said...

Justin-HA! Pop would be what the grandkids call my dad...he is 6'4 and has always been skinny. No, I was not referring to her dad!!! :) Although I will give him props for getting back into exercising and trying to eat healthy!!! :)