Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Heart Day!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Evan and me. It's a Polaroid that was taken on our first Valentine's Day together in 2004. It was one of my all-time favorite dates!!! Evan picked me up and tried to surprise me with flowers, except that he almost didn't make it to the florist in time to pick them up, so the florist called my house telling me I had flowers waiting on me. When Evan got to my house, he basically shoved the flowers in my face and said, "I know they called you. I'm so mad. I wanted to surprise you with them." It didn't matter to me...the flowers were beautiful. Evan had chosen my favorite--a mixed arrangement. We then went to eat at The Pesto Cafe in Fayetteville and then drove up to Bella Vista to listen to a "Big Band" play and swing dance. Of course, we were one of the few couples there under 50 and certainly couldn't hold a candle to their swing dancing skills!!! The place was packed out, so we ended up sitting at a table with several sweet older couples and had the best time dancing and laughing with them. This one little lady named Dot became our friend that night and took this picture of us together with her camera. What a special memory this picture makes me remember!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

6 comments:

The M Family said...

what a sweet memory!!!

The Hickmans said...

What a sweet picture! Happy Valentine's Day to you all, too!

Meredith said...

I remember that date! He set the bar pretty high that night. You look so cute there-Evan...not so much! :)

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Hey what happened to the picture? I can't see it. No fair. ; )

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Oh never mind. Guess it took it longer to load. Cute! =0

Campbell Crusade said...

Oh, I forgot to add that I loved all the pictures of Kendall with her big smiles when you went to visit your mom- she is such a photogenic baby! And that sweet red hat that your mom got is ADORABLE! Baby girls are so fun to dress (I'm sure baby boys are, too)