Sunday, November 11, 2007

Parent/Child Dedication Service

Evan, Kendall, and I participated in the Parent/Child Dedication service tonight at church. What a privilege and blessing! I think there were about 17 other families participating, which made for little room on the stage! It warms a mommy's heart knowing there are that many children close to my daughter's age in our church and that their parents are dedicated to raising them in Godly homes as well.



I had to ask a random girl (although I think we sat across from each other at the new member's class) to take pictures for us tonight, and I really wish I would have asked her to video Dr. Cook's words to us instead so I could've posted them on the blog. What a challenge! As I listened to him speak, I thought about what a privilege being a parent is, but also what a huge responsibility it is. More than anything, I want Kendall to grow up loving the Lord with all her heart and for Christ to have the most important place in her life. The only way she will ever know how to become Godly and Christ-like is if Evan and I teach her and set the example for her.



Evan and I know that participating in this service doesn't "save" Kendall. It is merely a public profession that we are dedicated to raising our daughter in a Godly home. Please pray with us and for us as we do our best to parent Kendall in a way that is pleasing to God!








In another note, I posted earlier about Kendall possibly having "tummy" issues. Well, I am FOR SURE calling the pediatrician on Monday. Bless her heart, Kendall is struggling after she eats! She was fine during her morning feeding--she went through her normal routine of cat-napping for 5-10 minutes after her feeding and then just "played" herself to sleep. However, after every other feeding today, she has screamed bloody murder! After we got home from church tonight, I fed her and thought we were in the clear because she was pretty content for about 15-20 minutes, and then she just lost it again. She literally cried for an hour!!! Evan is really good with Kendall when she gets fussy (maybe it's because he can sympathize with her gas pains) and seems to soothe her better than I can, but still...I'm just hating it for her. Anyway, please pray that we will figure out how to help her and that Kendall will get some relief!!!

4 comments:

The "W" Family said...

Well, I hope the Dr. can do something for you. Both of our boys had tummy aches after eating ( i nursed too). Zander had colic really bad from birth to 3 months. He cried after every feeding and from 10-2 every night. I cried when the Dr. said there was nothing they could do. Grainger from 2-6 weeks was really gassy after feeding but not as bad as brother. I gave him mylicon drops after every feeding and it seemed to help but unfortunately was just something they grew out of. Very trying, tiring, stressful, etc. -------------------

Meredith said...

What a special night for Kendall. I know she is in the best hands and will grow up to be a lovely Godly Christian woman. I'm sorry she is having so many tummy issues. You know we went through that too. We used the mylicon drops and Gripe Water. Eventually Thomas also seems to have grown out of for the most part, so hopefully Kendall will too.

Jessica said...

You look like you are beaming, Leah! What a sweet family you make!

Reba said...

I hope the doctor was able to help poor little Kendall...poor thing! (And poor you two...it isn't easy watching your little one hurt or struggle) I am so glad you participated in the baby dedication...it truly is a special time.
Reba