Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bath Time!

Before Bath...
After Bath...
Kendall took her first bath on Friday night with the help of "Miss" Allyce! We got it all on video; however,I'm not about to expose my daughter all over the internet!!! We tried to bathe her as quickly as possible because like any little one, she was getting cold and not liking the water too much. I'm sure that will change with time.
Allyce's visit was great; I'm so glad she was able to come. I've missed her like crazy!! We basically just hung out at the house all weekend, played with Kendall, and watched a lot of Food Network. Allyce and I did go out on Saturday to Target and Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, but that's about it. She was very helpful while being here...she finished up my laundry, cleaned up the kitchen a couple of times, and even changed her share of dirty diapers. What a friend!!! I am SO thankful for her friendship.
Kendall was introduced to the pacifier last night. Up until now, she really hasn't needed it and has been able to soothe herself, but last night she stayed awake for a really long time and just cried and cried. It's hard to see your baby so fussy and not know what to do!!! She's had another spell like that today where she stayed awake from about 11:00 a.m. until about 5:00 p.m. Evan and I are really thinking she's struggling with some tummy issues because she really isn't a fussy baby most of the time and you can tell she's not hungry. It's like she's hurting so bad she just can't go to sleep and fights it. I'm going to call the pediatrician tomorrow to see about giving her those gas drops. Hopefully, we can figure out something that helps fix her stomach!
Better run...we are leaving for church. We are actually participating in baby dedication tonight. I'll try to post pictures of that either tonight or tomorrow sometime.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I"m so glad you got to spend time with Allyce. Sounds like you had a good time just being together. Kendall is so cute in that first picture especially.

The Hickmans said...

So sweet! I hate that she's having tummy aches. Although, that is very normal. I hope you can get it all figured out and her feel better soon. Love ya!