Thursday, October 25, 2007

Grace

Grace - "the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God."

Seven or 8 years ag0, I was usually too busy trying to score my next fix to care about anything else. My whole world revolved around making myself feel good, regardless of how I might be hurting the people who loved me. Who would have thought back then that I could be sitting here today with a beautiful wife and baby girl? I certainly didn't get from where I was to where I am because of anything I did to deserve it. Grace is the only possible explanation.

But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!

AMEN!

5 comments:

Adam Holly Grace said...

Preach!

mbl said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful. Thank you for your sweet sweet note of encouragement to me on facebook. It truly means so much to know that my kids are still influencing others. Welcome to parenthood--the hardest and most wonderful thing ever. Marla Livers

Unknown said...

Hey guys congrats on your new daughter. Pretty awesome isn't it. Seems amazing to hold your own flesh and blood. Don't stay awake staring at her too much cause you'll regret it later when you want to sleep sooo bad. =)JK Have fun. Pretty name too. =) See you when you guys get back and we can introduce Mya to her new friend.

jdunivan said...

We're so happy for you guys! She is absolutely precious. Can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations! Chris, Jenny and Charlie

Karen L. said...

AMAZING Grace. Thanks for sharing!!!!