Saturday, September 22, 2007

Insomnia

It's 3:00 a.m. and I can't sleep. Maybe it's because I am SO pregnant and can't get comfortable...

So, since I laid in bed for a couple of hours tossing and turning, I finally got up and did this:











Yes, I baked bread! How random is that??? Meredith, my sister-in-law, called tonight out of the blue -a phone call for which I was so grateful. I was a little bored this evening and in need of a girl to talk to! She's probably wishing she hadn't called since when we got off the phone I looked at the time and we had been talking for nearly two hours! (I promise, I'll help pay the bill!) :) Anyway, she started talking about making food for a shower that included a spice cake, cider, and just all those good fall foods and drinks! Meredith telling me all that made me remember that I had a pumpkin bread mix in my pantry, and when I couldn't go to sleep, I just decided I would get up and make it.

I love anything with pumpkin...pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins (especially from Panera), pumpkin cake, a pumpkin roll (you know, with cream cheese in the middle), Wendy Burrus' pumpkin crunch cake, pumpkin pie...if it's got pumpkin in it, I will probably eat it!!! So of course, when I pulled it out of the oven, I had to have a slice of it (topped with cream cheese) and for a box mix, it's not too bad. I guess Evan and I have our breakfast ready to go for in the morning!!!





2 comments:

Meredith said...

Looks yummy! I've got my first cake in the oven right now. Sorry you couldn't sleep. I'm sure Evan appreciated your insomnia project though. :)

The Hickmans said...

I remember those sleepless nights! At least you did something constructive with your time. :) Looks good!