Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend Fun!




What a weekend!



My parents called Friday afternoon to let us know they were on their way to Louisville for a spur-of-the-moment trip. We were so thrilled they decided to come! My parents love road trips and exploring new places and since my dad got rained out of the field, he was able to take off work this weekend and come to visit! They got here around 10:00 Friday night and headed to Nashville this morning; my mom has her three month doctor visit there on Monday. We mainly just hung out-Evan and I had the last of our birthing class yesterday morning (we made it through the birthing video; although I did cry a little during it...it was pretty gross!), then we went to eat BBQ with mom and dad and went to Hobby Lobby and Target. Mom had promised me new curtains for my living room for my birthday, and we initially were looking for fabric to make them, but were delighted when we found some on sale yesterday at Target! She also got me a mini sewing machine for a belated birthday present that I will be able to use for my scrapbooking and small craft projects. We had fun playing around with it a little bit last night.

God is really good; I hope each of you that read this will take some time to stop and just thank Him for how He has been good to you! I have just been thinking a lot about that this weekend after I found out that a sweet friend of mine that had been struggling with infertility for over a year found out that she is pregnant. We had been praying for so long for her and her husband; and I am just so thankful that God has answered our prayers! I have so much to be thankful for...our car finally selling, my parents surprisingly coming up here to visit this weekend, good friends that encourage and support us (thanks Campbells and Hamblens for the conference call tonight!), and God's continual provision over us. He continually shows Himself trustworthy and dependable; I am so thankful!

I go to the doctor again on Tuesday. I am 34 weeks and can't believe I only have 6 weeks until our life totally changes!!! If I get any exciting news at the doctor, I will let you guys know!

In closing, I thought I'd share are some pictures of how Evan spends his time at night-reading and studying! Of course, he takes a few breaks to watch a little football! I'm so proud of him and all his hard work with school so far! He's doing great!







2 comments:

The Hickmans said...

How neat that your parents surprised you this weekend! I agree that God always gives us something to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Jessica said...

I just got a little sewing machine too! Can your do those cute little burp rags with the ribbon? I think mine can, but I haven't tried it. That would be a fun project! I'm so glad things are going well for you! You are both loved and missed by many.