I don't really know where the nick-name came from, except that Evan was being silly with the girls one night about a year ago, and somehow the "Taco" just stuck. Sometimes she pretends she doesn't like the name, but at the second we stop calling her Taco, she reminds us that is, in fact, her nickname. Even Barrett calls her "Taco" and it's about the cutest thing ever!
I love this little Taco so much! She is so spunky and funny and quirky. She is in her element when she can be wild and free. She loves exploring, making her own trail, and doing her own thing. I try hard not to get in the way of that but for this mama that loves order, sometimes it is HARD.
Our Taco loves everything sticker books, baby dolls, and princesses. She can put puzzles together better than her big sister, and comes up with the wildest dress-up outfits. Oh, and her everyday outfits--just as crazy. Rain boots with swimsuits. Mismatched socks. Lover of leggings, but not regular pants. I've learned to just roll with it, so if you ever see her out and about wearing something crazy, it's because I'm not fighting the battle. Not.Worth.It.
I love watching this girl mature! She no longer screams (as much) when she needs attention. She has a happy attitude (most of the time) about helping. She is content to play by herself whenever it is necessary. She is FINALLY sitting in church without squirming all over the place and singing along to the songs she knows. I really thought years 1,2, and 3 were going to be the death of me with this kiddo, but I feel like we are turning a huge corner!
This girl gave up her naps MONTHS ago (she will still fall asleep occasionally) but is our sleepyhead in the morning. She is almost always the last one to wake and still always wins the best bedhead award in our family.
Arden gives the best hugs in the world. She will squeeze your neck so hard and just hang there forever. We call her our monkey because anytime we have to carry her, we really don't because she attaches herself to us. We also call her our monkey because she will climb anything. I mean anything, but those are stories for another time. :)
Oh, Taco! Your mama loves you so much. You are the one that constantly humbles my parenting and helps me realize I don't have it all figured out. I am so thankful for your wild and free spirit, your love for life, and go-with-the-flow personality. You are a precious GIFT to me!
This girl gave up her naps MONTHS ago (she will still fall asleep occasionally) but is our sleepyhead in the morning. She is almost always the last one to wake and still always wins the best bedhead award in our family.
Arden gives the best hugs in the world. She will squeeze your neck so hard and just hang there forever. We call her our monkey because anytime we have to carry her, we really don't because she attaches herself to us. We also call her our monkey because she will climb anything. I mean anything, but those are stories for another time. :)
Oh, Taco! Your mama loves you so much. You are the one that constantly humbles my parenting and helps me realize I don't have it all figured out. I am so thankful for your wild and free spirit, your love for life, and go-with-the-flow personality. You are a precious GIFT to me!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment