Kendall is SEVEN!!!
What a joy and delight Kendall is to our family! Words that describe her are smart, funny, helpful, witty, thoughtful, curious, and compassionate. We are so blessed to be her parents.
Kendall is so much like me...when I was younger, I planned out my birthday parties months in advance and would drive my mom crazy with the details! I really wish I could apologize to my mother now, because Kendall is doing the SAME THING to me. :) Since this summer, she has been planning and talking about her birthday because she wanted to get her ears pierced. We gave her a few gifts the morning of her birthday, but took her to Claire's and lunch for her "big" gift. She did great! Kendall was a little bit nervous but handled it like a champ. I was really hoping for both ears to be done at the same time, but there was only one associate working that day! After the first hole was finished, I could tell she thought it hurt, but she held it in until after the second hole was finished. Once it was done, she jumped out of the chair and into my arms and starting boo-hooing!!! She didn't even want to look at her ears! It didn't take too long for the shock to wear off, and she was fine. If she looked at herself in the mirror once, she looked 100 times that day! Watching her was so precious. Kendall is very responsible and always remembers to clean her ears like they showed her. She has a little calendar and is marking off the days until she gets to change her earrings.
We also celebrated her birthday with a very small party at our house the Friday before her birthday. (I haven't put those pictures on the computer yet!) Kendall invited about 8 friends over to roast hot dogs, and have a scavenger hunt. It was a perfect night for some fall fun!
Happy #7 Kendall Grace! We love you to the moon!


No comments:
Post a Comment