Let me get this 9 month post in before Barrett turns 10 months old this week!
Barrett is such a sweet, baby and is growing to be such a big boy! At his 9 month check up, he weighed 19 lbs, 6 oz, and was 18.5 inches long. Barrett is wearing mostly 12 month clothes and size 4 diapers. This month, Barrett started saying "mama" and waving bye-bye. When he waves, he puts his hand straight out, then turns his hand facing himself to wave. It is pretty sweet. We started giving Barrett a couple of formula bottles this month during the day to see if it would help him sleep at night. So far, it hasn't made a huge difference! He still is waking up usually once in the night, although we did have a couple of full night's sleep this month. Mommy and Daddy are just push-overs and have a hard time letting him cry it out, really. :) We have tried, really, we have, but with him right next to our room...it is just loud and goes on forever! One of these days the uninterrupted sleep will come, I suppose! Barrett is cruising all the furniture and can walk with help behind a push toy. He is also trying to stand alone, but hasn't quite mastered it yet. I am pretty sure he will be walking very soon!
Barrett had his first overnight stay in a hotel this month, which was pretty interesting. Evan reserved a crib when he made our reservations, but when we got to the hotel, they didn't have any! Needless to say, Barrett slept in the bed with us that night. He had a hard time going to sleep and staying that way.
Barrett is starting to really recognize people. He of course knows us, but he also recognizes and reaches for Tina that keeps him in the nursery at church. It is really sweet!
Barrett is eating more and more finger foods. He likes beans of all kinds, Cheerios, avocado, cheese, and bread. I don't think we've given him anything that he really doesn't eat. I have noticed that he doesn't like water very much--when I give it to him, he usually spits a lot of it out.
Barrett is eating more and more finger foods. He likes beans of all kinds, Cheerios, avocado, cheese, and bread. I don't think we've given him anything that he really doesn't eat. I have noticed that he doesn't like water very much--when I give it to him, he usually spits a lot of it out.
Happy 9 months, Barrett! We love you so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment