When we registered Kendall for dance last fall, we left with her in tears! She was so excited, but there was a video of the previous year's recital playing that day and Kendall flipped out a little bit. She thought we were signing her up just for a class and was terrified of performing on stage in front of a crowd! We spent some time talking to her on the way home that day, assuring her it wouldn't be scary and she would have so much fun.
Dance class was the perfect boost of confidence! She LOVED taking tap and ballet this year and even told me that "she felt like she was going to cry" when they lowered the curtain after the finale at the recital because she was sad it was over for the year! Sweet girl! I love when she shares her heart with me, especially when I can truly understand how she feels. It's hard to close a chapter, and I remember having those same feelings at the end of all my dance recitals back in the day!
I will also add that her first recital was definitely a learning experience for me. Who knew getting a girl's hair into a tight bun would be so difficult?! I thought I was the only mother who was struggling with this task until we were at dress rehearsal on Friday and about half of us were comparing hair! I also learned why it is important to fix hair BEFORE putting on make-up...especially for a certain tender-headed little girl! All the pulling and yanking on her hair made her cry and we had to completely wash her face and re-do the make-up on recital day. Thank goodness we started getting ready in plenty of time!
We really are SO SO SO proud of this sweet girl! She did a beautiful job at the recital, made some new friends this year, and is already looking forward to the fall. We are adding jazz and hip-hop to her list and she is beyond thrilled!











No comments:
Post a Comment