Welcome to the world, Barrett Henderson!
Monday, January 6, 2014
at 8:08 a.m.
8 pounds, 11 ounces
20 inches long
We are thrilled that our little guy is finally here! I have to say that this pregnancy was a little challenging just with chasing the big sisters around all the time! While I feel very blessed to have little complications during pregnancy, this one was just HARD and TIRING.
Just some things I want to remember from the actual "birth" day:
-My sister came to spend the night with us the night before and bring the girls to the hospital that morning. It was a sweet visit for us. I am glad she was able to do that. She even cleaned my kitchen floors the day before!
-Many probably saw my post on Facebook, but I loved that I woke up to my husband dressing in chinos, a button down shirt, and camel hair coat. He apparently thought meeting his son was a good occasion to dress up. I sure do love my sharp-dressed man! He is so wonderful!
-The doctors and staff at the hospital were very efficient and got the job done quickly! They had a bit of a hard time getting Barrett out because he was a big baby. The doctor kept saying, "He's a big one!" over and over, then once he was out, everyone in the room was taking guesses on how big he was. I hadn't seen him at this point, so when they announced he was 8.11, I was so shocked! The girls were 7.7 and 7.3. I never dreamed Barrett would be over 8 pounds!
-I ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream (my favorite!) that night...with a plastic knife! The cafeteria was closed and no spoons could be found.
-The girls were fabulous with Barrett at the hospital. Kendall just wanted to hold him the whole time and Arden kept saying, "The baby is out of your belly!" Evan's parents took them back to Fayetteville for a few days after Barrett's birth and I was SO VERY THANKFUL for the quiet time at home. I am just as thankful to have them back with us and figure out our new normal. So far, we are doing great at home...taking it day by day. It is a little overwhelming at times, but I am glad to be settling into a routine again.
-The doctors and staff at the hospital were very efficient and got the job done quickly! They had a bit of a hard time getting Barrett out because he was a big baby. The doctor kept saying, "He's a big one!" over and over, then once he was out, everyone in the room was taking guesses on how big he was. I hadn't seen him at this point, so when they announced he was 8.11, I was so shocked! The girls were 7.7 and 7.3. I never dreamed Barrett would be over 8 pounds!
-I ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream (my favorite!) that night...with a plastic knife! The cafeteria was closed and no spoons could be found.
-The girls were fabulous with Barrett at the hospital. Kendall just wanted to hold him the whole time and Arden kept saying, "The baby is out of your belly!" Evan's parents took them back to Fayetteville for a few days after Barrett's birth and I was SO VERY THANKFUL for the quiet time at home. I am just as thankful to have them back with us and figure out our new normal. So far, we are doing great at home...taking it day by day. It is a little overwhelming at times, but I am glad to be settling into a routine again.











No comments:
Post a Comment