Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sweet and Spicy!



Teeth brushing time at our house brings about two phrases without fail...One daughter yells, "I want sweet!" and the other screams, "I want spicy!" While we know they are talking about the flavor of toothpaste (one wanting something fruity and the other wanting mint), these phrases totally characterize our girls. 

From this picture, can you guess which one is which?! 

We carved a pumpkin last week, and this truly depicts their personalities. Arden was all about the insides. She loved the gross-ness of the pumpkin guts and couldn't get enough. Kendall, on the other hand, was not a fan. She had real tears over putting her hand inside and digging out the seeds! We finally convinced her and she enjoyed herself, but we had to get out a spoon because she DID NOT want to touch it! 

Arden is our spicy one. She LOVES living on the edge and has no fear. She is all about an adventure--whether it is climbing, walking through mud puddles, jumping off things that her mommy thinks are too high (and then sticking the landing!) or pushing our boundaries to the limit. I think her motto will end up being "ask forgiveness rather than permission" in all things. Arden has certainly humbled our parenting, which Evan and I both most definitely needed. 

Kendall is our sweet one. She is a rule follower to a T. No joke, a few nights ago, she was reading in bed and one of her books fell on the floor. She got up out of the bed and came to ask permission if she could pick it up! I have learned that her tattling is not because she wants to get someone into trouble, she just knows/understands the rules and HATES to see people not doing right. Oh, she is so much like her mama and has so much to learn about grace! 

These girls have so many characteristics that are similar, but are so very, very different. I look forward to watching their personalities continue to develop and pray that these "sweet" and "spicy" personality traits will be used for good in their lives. I am so very thankful God chose me to be their mother and am even more grateful for the lessons He teaches me as I parent them! 

No comments: