Monday, June 18, 2012

What's happening?

Our June calendar is CRAZY with a capital C!!! No joke...we've hit the ground running after the wedding weekend and are just going non-stop. Magic Springs, Third Day concert, VBS, appointments, Super Summer, swimming lessons...we are just going, going, going!

After we moved, Evan picked out a new phone for me. I am not a big techie-type person and don't really care about having a fancy phone, but I do like having camera/video at easy access. Soooo...here are a few everyday happenings in the midst of our crazy month!!!

One Sunday evening, Evan played barber to our neighbor-friend, Eric. Yes, Eric had Evan cut off and buzz all that pretty hair of his!!! It took them an hour and a half to get it done and there is still hair floating around our yard. (GROSS!!!) Funny night. We love this kid!



Last week was VBS at our church. SUCH a great week! Our church does a non-traditional VBS that is a sports camp and it is AMAZING!!! Little decorating, lots of activity, and much opportunity for sharing the gospel. I helped with the 4-6 grade group (we had over 20!) and Evan led different activities. The photo below was the only picture I got from the whole week...you can see Evan got pretty serious! HA!

One of the main things I want to remember about this week is my sweet Kendall's heart! Kendall came home the first night of VBS saying, "Mommy, they said to invite our friends. I really want to take a friend to VBS." I really didn't know what to tell her because she really doesn't have many friends outside of church right now. We had already tried to invite the neighbor girls upstairs, only to find out they would be with their dad that week. I love how the Lord works, though, because by Tuesday of the week, we realized there were some extra girls staying upstairs so Kendall invited them to come... AND THEY DID!!! Really neat, too, because these "extra" girls are actually moving to our community, and they were able to make some friends before school starts.  SUCH an answered prayer for me! We all know how discouraging it can be to invite people to church and never have them come...Kendall's little mind is so impressionable right now and full of spiritual questions, so the fact that she actually invited people and they came was HUGE.



One day last week, I chased this thing out of our house with a plastic cup. I am really proud because I didn't completely flip my lid! I have learned since that it is a skink and apparently they are all over Bismarck. Nice. I didn't intend to kill it, but when I finally got it outside (without having to actually touch it) he flipped over on his back and I wasn't about to flip him back over!!! Sorry, little guy, but inside my apartment is NOT the place for you!




Evan is at camp this week. Super Summer. He is only about 20 minutes away from us, but still gone for a week. To break up the time a little bit, I took the girls to Little Rock to hang with some family. We spent a couple of days at the pool and it was SO nice. Kendall is quite the fish!!! In fact, she is taking swimming lessons this week and next week and the coach said he thought by the end of next week she would be jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side!

Arden loves the water, too, and while it is nice to have some extra hands at the pool, she is not unmanageable. I think, though, she loves snack time the most. =)



This afternoon as I was cleaning up a little bit around our house, it got really quiet. When I went to check on Kendall, I first found her door shut with this sign on it:

When I asked Kendall about it, she said it was for "no knocking" and that it meant that I didn't have to knock to come in her room. =)

But what I loved even more was what I walked in to find:

Yes. She was lying on her bed, "reading" John Piper's Desiring God. How funny is that?! This was also after our conversation in the car was about how she "wanted a tattoo" because "they look cool" and then proceeded to be devastated when I told her she had to wait until she was 18. She is so funny!


No comments: