Friday, May 25, 2012

I love 'em.

evan and girls 2 evan and girls 1 evan and girls 3

I have a couple of things I would like to blog about, just for the sake of having them written, but I am having a hard time getting my thoughts together. For now, I will write about what a blessing these three are to me.

I just love 'em.

I love Arden's wrinkled-nose grin and her constant babble. At the rate she's going, Arden is destined to be a talker like her sister. Her new favorite words are "bubbles" and "baby." She carries around a container of pink bubbles constantly and has pretty much claimed the "blue" baby as her own! A couple of days ago, she put the baby doll in Kendall's pretend car-seat and carried her around. SO stinkin' sweet.  Oh, and Arden can show you her belly button. If you say, "Where's your belly button?" She lifts up her shirt.  Oh, she is just DARLING.

Kendall and I have had some rough patches lately, but her curiosity and quick wit constantly make me smile. She comes up with some of the funniest stuff. After her Bible story the other night on Zacchaeus, she said, "I'll bet he got sick." Us: "What?" Kendall, "Well, Zacchaeus climbed up in a SYCAMORE tree!" Kendall is helpful and for the most part, very kind-hearted. She brings me such joy!

And Evan, well, he's just Evan...perfectly sarcastic in every situation. :) It's so funny because lately I've just seen how contrasting our personalities are. He is soooooo a "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" kind of guy, and I am soooooo a "let's make sure we have a plan for the day" kind of girl. We are working through some of that and learning how to lean the opposite direction. Really, I couldn't be more proud of him. His passion for the Gospel is incredible and it just shines through every time he opens his mouth. I am thankful that he not only talks it, but walks it, too.

So thankful for my little family. We are far from perfection, but living proof that small spaces grow tight families!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You have so many blessings, Leah! Your girls are just precious- hand picked just for you from the master family planner. : ) You are always an inspiration to me. Have a great weekend!