I think it was after we married, but one day, Evan and I were watching TV and caught part of one of those rapper-turned-reality-star's shows on MTV. On the particular episode, the star (Snoop-Dogg? Run DMC? I don't remember...) was eating something and his family member turned around and said, "Daaannng!!! Yo' breaf is hot!" Translate into: Your breath smells.Well, for whatever reason, Evan and I CRACKED up, and that line stuck with us. To this day, we still use the term, "Yo' breaf is hot."
**********
Kendall has a playlist on my phone filled with all sorts of songs. She LOOVVEES to listen to it, and asks for "her list" every time we get in the car. She wanted Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on the list, but the only version I could find was from the musical, and a London version at that. Funny, she LOVES it! She has picked up on several lines, including one that says, "She may be tricky, but she's bloody good." Okay, I know, maybe not the most appropriate thing to say, but nonetheless funny that she caught on to it. There is also a line in the song that says, "Check your breath before you speak in case it's halitosis" and she thinks that one is pretty funny, too, although we had to explain the word "halitosis" to her before she could actually enjoy singing it.
**********
So, this morning Kendall came in our room and snuggled in the bed with me while Evan tended to Arden. As we were cuddling up together, she looks at me and out of the blue sings, "Check your breath before you speak in case it's halitosis!" Then of course, giggles hysterically. I said, "What, do I have bad breath?" She says, "Mom, Yo' breaf is HOT!"
Oh, I love how she got her daddy's quick wit. She is too funny!

No comments:
Post a Comment