Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Eleven Months

Arden outside, standing 

I honestly cannot believe we are celebrating eleven months today. This year has FLOWN!!! 

We are just loving life with Arden lately! She is walking everywhere and talking all the time. She says, "Ma-Ma," "Da-Deeee," "uh-oh," "no-no," "yucky" and "night-night" pretty consistently.  I've heard a "yes" a time or two and an occasional "nana" for banana. She can also do the baby signs for "more" and "all done", even though they are her own version. I'm really amazed at how she uses the words in appropriate context, too. Like, she will drop something and say, "Uh-oh!" I don't remember Kendall doing this as early as Arden. Maybe she did, but I don't remember!!!

Arden is a little monkey who LOVES to climb. She makes me a nervous wreck with this!!! She pushes the pouf over to the chair in our living room, and climbs into the chair. She climbs on the little table and chairs. She climbs on Evan's tool box. Really, she climbs on EVERYTHING!!! 

"No" is not a word Arden likes to hear AT ALL. She has a little bit of a temper for sure. She also has a hard time sharing (or maybe Kendall has a hard time sharing with Arden?) and there is an occasional battle for toys around here. 

One of the funniest tricks Arden has right now is singing Sally the Camel. This all started when changing her diaper was like nailing jello to a tree, so we started singing a song with her. If you don't know the song Sally the Camel, it's a Barney song, and it teaches counting backwards. When it gets to the part that says "boom, boom, boom boom" Arden sings along with us. It is the cutest.thing.EVER!!!  

Arden is wearing all different size clothes, anywhere from 6 months to 12 months, depending on the brand and style. She is in a size three shoe, although I think by summer that might be a four. She's in a size three diaper still. I think she weighs close to 20 pounds, maybe. 

Seems like we have another little girl with a full personality on our hands! Can't believe next month we'll be celebrating her very first birthday! Time, slow down for this mama!!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Wow, I also can't believe she is 11 months and Sarah is 23 months! I have enjoyed your blog and FB posts about going to the lake. I can imagine that you just love being near that wonderful lake.
;0