I could list about 100 things I love about this picture...the sweet bubble Arden is wearing, the flower in her hair, the permanent crease in Arden's right thigh because it's so chubby, her half smile, the fact that Arden is lying on MY baby quilt made by my sweet Mamaw (and the fact that I know it was finished in 1986--six years after I was born! HA!), how she looks just like her daddy--even more than Kendall did. Shall I continue?!
Last night, I gave Arden a bath before going to church. I have this system of having her towel spread out on the kitchen counter, lotioning and diapering right there. Well, last night I also had a roast in the crock pot, and I underestimated the space between the crock pot and the towel. When I got Arden out of the tub, she stretched her arms out and burned all four of her right hand fingers! :( Since burns are progressive, I couldn't tell how bad it was until after we got to church. Thankfully, one of the ladies who keeps the nursery on Wednesday nights is a neo-natal nurse at the local children's hospital, so she checked it out and said she thought Arden would be fine and to just give her some Tylenol to help with the pain. Of course, I felt like the worst mother ever, even though it was a complete accident. Poor baby girl!

1 comment:
Oh, goodness! I know that must have made you feel awful, but we all have days like that. I think you are a great mommy. : )
Post a Comment