Oh, Kendall. I have loved this morning with you! It's been one of those days I wish I could just bottle up and keep forever. You have been sweet, helpful, funny, and creative. No whining and crying, very little correcting of any kind, and just an all-around pleasure. We went on a walk this morning, just the two of us, before Daddy left for work. You encouraged me to run, so I did. Our laundry is piling up, and you helped me sort, put dirty clothes in the washer, clean clothes in the dryer AND even folded some towels. I had my hair washed, dried, curled, and braided at your beauty shop and I'm sure it looks better than ever! We've played with Arden, and you even took it upon yourself to go give her a pacifier when she started crying in the middle of one of her naps. You've happily played independently for lengthy periods today, and I've LOVED listening to all your pretending. We ate a nice mac-n-cheese lunch together, danced and sang to the Tangled soundtrack, read books, and now you are resting quietly in your bed. I know every day doesn't turn out this way, but when they do, I want to remember them forever. I love you, sweet girl! Thursday, July 28, 2011
good morning!
Oh, Kendall. I have loved this morning with you! It's been one of those days I wish I could just bottle up and keep forever. You have been sweet, helpful, funny, and creative. No whining and crying, very little correcting of any kind, and just an all-around pleasure. We went on a walk this morning, just the two of us, before Daddy left for work. You encouraged me to run, so I did. Our laundry is piling up, and you helped me sort, put dirty clothes in the washer, clean clothes in the dryer AND even folded some towels. I had my hair washed, dried, curled, and braided at your beauty shop and I'm sure it looks better than ever! We've played with Arden, and you even took it upon yourself to go give her a pacifier when she started crying in the middle of one of her naps. You've happily played independently for lengthy periods today, and I've LOVED listening to all your pretending. We ate a nice mac-n-cheese lunch together, danced and sang to the Tangled soundtrack, read books, and now you are resting quietly in your bed. I know every day doesn't turn out this way, but when they do, I want to remember them forever. I love you, sweet girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it! Such a sweet girl!
aww! kate has that rapunzel dress and we LOVE to dance to the Tangled soundtrack too!!! :) makes me wish we were still there so that we could have a dance party! :)
oh and glad to hear that hat parenting book is on the lineup for the fall!!
Very sweet Leah!!
Post a Comment