Friday, June 3, 2011

How Tangled has influenced my child...

Everything, EVERYTHING is about Rapunzel these days. Like, I'll say Kendall's name, and she immediately corrects me and says, "Rapunzel" since I forget she is always in character. She picks flowers out of the yard and puts them in her hair, "braids" beach towels, pretends the tree house of her swing set is her tower, and wants to run around barefoot outside ALL.THE.TIME. Her Nana even bought a real fairy tale version of Rapunzel, and she wants us to read it to her constantly. Comparing the two stories (Disney vs. Fairy Tale) has been fun times at our house.

Kendall really, really, really wants a Tangled wig. She talks about it a lot. Anytime we go to the mall, she wants to make a walk through the Disney store and check out the Rapunzel hair. I'm starting to wonder if this would be one of those great teachable moments to let her "earn" some money to buy one herself. Those wigs are like $20, so once I figure out if this is something long-term, then I might go for it.

Anyway, on the way home from a play date today, the conversation went something like this:


Kendall: "Mommy, what do you have to do to get something you really, really want?"

Me: "Kendall, is there something you would really like to have?" (Somehow I already had an idea of what she would say!)

Kendall: "Yes. I would like to have Rapunzel hair, and dress and feet." (I'm assuming as in feet, she meant shoes.) "And I would like for Daddy to have a Flynn Rider costume and hair (can't y'all see this...Evan as Flynn Rider?) and for you to have the mean witch hair and costume."

Thanks, Kendall. All that sounds great about the costumes for you and Daddy, but I'm not so sure I like that you think I need to be the mean witch. I mean, I'm pretty sure that role was not supposed to happen until you became a teenager. :)

7 comments:

Mark and Cari said...

Seriously?!? What is it with little girls and their daddies? I've been told often that Cal is Ariel, Mark is Prince Eric, and that I'm Ursela! Seriously....why do I have to be the ugly octopus woman!? And then Cinderella came along and I became the Step-Mother! Ha! It's kind of funny to sit back and watch this all unfold, but I really don't want to be the "mean" character!

mustard seed said...

that is hilarious!

On the other hand, my boys are TERRIFIED of Tangles. My in-laws took them to see it at the theater and Z had to leave in the first 5 minutes. There were bad dreams for WEEKS. They think the "old lady on Tangled" is the scariest character ever-ha!

Unknown said...

Buy her that wig!

Cassie said... said...

As long as you can be the witch when she's beautiful...I would totally go for it!

Beth said...

I say buy her the wig too! I had to get Carlie a Hannah Montana wig for Christmas, and they have had the best time with it...even though now it has about a million rats in it! They still love playing with it :)

The Dilleys said...

We created a monster! So glad Kendall is loving Tangled, though. I am happy that Emma and I were able to be a part of the madness:) Love you girls.

Adam Holly Grace said...

Grace is totally into all the princess stuff. We all have to play the roles at our house too! So fun!.. By the way, Kendall and Arden are so sweet together!!! It will be so sweet to watch them continue to grow close to each other:)