What a fabulous Christmas we've had! (With the exception of the stomach virus visiting our house.) As much as Evan and I love being with our extended family on holidays, neither of us mind having a more low-key Christmas at home.
I had our house decorated by the first week in December. I have a TON of Christmas ornaments, and have had so much fun having two trees the last couple of years. We get a live tree for the living room, then use the artificial tree in the dining room.

I had our house decorated by the first week in December. I have a TON of Christmas ornaments, and have had so much fun having two trees the last couple of years. We get a live tree for the living room, then use the artificial tree in the dining room.


Evan's mom gave Kendall this Veggie Tales nativity set last year. Kendall enjoys playing with it throughout the month. It's kind-of crazy looking, but she still has tons of fun with it.

Christmas Eve was spent mainly relaxing all day. My dad spent much of the afternoon in the kitchen preparing duck gumbo. After the Christmas Eve service and riding around to find some Christmas lights, we came home to enjoy all that deliciousness!
Kendall is very much in the "sometimes it's really difficult to get a great picture" stage. I love these following ones...

Evan had this great idea to buy the Dr. Suess version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and let Kendall watch it on Christmas Eve. Well, this would be a fabulous idea, if Kendall weren't AFRAID of the Grinch! Oh yes. She didn't care for it too much. She even cried out several times in the night. When she woke up the next morning, she said, "I thought the Grinch was in my room last night, but he really wasn't!" Poor girl! We'll try again next year, I guess!

Kendall has become very familiar with the nativity story this year. It blesses her momma and daddy's hearts! She's also learned several carols this year like Away in a Manger, Silent Night, and Joy to the World. Evan did a fabulous job with our Christmas devotional, even though I think he was a little frustrated at Kendall's listening! :)

Kendall was so much fun while opening gifts! She had to make sure every single piece of wrapping paper was off the box before opening! Too funny! I also loved how she had to put everything on...her new rainboots, head band, and her vest (or life jacket, as she likes to call it!).

For Christmas breakfast, we had homemade cinnamon rolls and sausage-cheese muffins. After breakfast, we took Kendall outside to play in the SNOW! How fun...two years in a row we've had a white Christmas!

Again, much of Christmas day was spent just hanging out, watching movies, and playing games. Later in the afternoon, we had two other families over to enjoy Christmas dinner.

Kendall and I were supposed to ride back to Arkansas with my dad and stay for the week, but I got sick again in the middle of the night on Christmas, and we decided it was probably best for us to stay home. I don't know what the deal is...if my immune system is just down from this pregnancy or what. Anyway, I was a little sad to not get to visit, but have many things that need to be accomplished here as well, so it's fine. Hopefully we'll get to come sometime before baby Arden arrives.
It has certainly been a Christmas to remember! We are so thankful for all the blessings this season!











3 comments:
We had such a great time at your place on Christmas - thank you so much for hosting us! I am sorry you got sick again, though! Let me know if there is anything you need!
thank you for sharing all the pics!! they were all great and your house looked gorgeous!
hope you are feeling better and getting enough rest.
love you all!
I love the feathers on top of your tree!
Post a Comment