Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy #3 to Kendall!

Kendall's third birthday was celebrated big-time this past Saturday!

We started the day off by letting the birthday girl open her presents from mommy and daddy. She received an American Girl Bitty Baby (already deemed the name Hannah and sleeping with her nightly!) and a new outfit.



This was Kendall's first friend party...and let me just say that the girl has some friends! My dad counted TWENTY SEVEN children at our house on Saturday!!! No kidding! In my defense, I never dreamed the party would be that huge, it just happened. Most of Kendall's friends have siblings, and many of our friends just aren't in a position to just bring the one child that is Kendall's age due to work and study! And, I was ALWAYS told to only plan on half of the people to show! I never thought everyone would be able to attend!


The party theme was dress-up tea party, only by tea-party we had Kendall's favorite foods--chicken nuggets, carrots and "dip-dip" (Fiesta Ranch), apples, goldfish, and juice boxes. Evan asked me to make chili as well, so I obliged.


I had all kinds of dress-up costumes laid out for the kids, even boy costumes, but because of the large number of children, not much dress up happened. The kids had a blast playing outside and then came in to make/decorate crowns before eating. So thankful for our basement that allowed extra space in our house! It's not the most glamorous area of our home, but very functional for the party!



Kendall requested strawberry cupcakes for her party, so strawberry cupcakes she got! Funny, she was so excited about cupcake time and getting a cupcake with "fire" on it, but when it came time for singing/blowing out the candles, she acted very, very shy! I think Christian actually ended up blowing out her last candle!



We waited for the crowd to die-down a little before opening party gifts. Kendall received several books, Littlest Pet Shop, craft things (mommy's happy about this and has put these away for gloomy, winter days!), dress up items, and more. She was a mad-woman opening the presents and I had a hard time keeping up with her! Kendall was very gracious, though, and thanked everyone for her gifts and coming to her party!

We sent the guests home with Ring Pops as party favors, and spent the rest of the afternoon resting and watching the Hogs play football. Even with all the guests, I'm happy to say that nothing got destroyed in our house and it only took me about an hour total to clean up everything! (Thanks to the cleaning fairy that visited my basement! Not sure who that was, but all I had to do was sweep/vacuum, and take out the trash! We really do have great friends here...even my dad complimented the well-behaved children and our kind friends!

Thanks to all who made this day so special for sweet Kendall! We love you, birthday girl, and look forward to seeing what is in store for the next year!

2 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Looks like a fabulous party! Glad you guys had fun! I am always late on the birthday card, so she will get a belated one from us! haha!

Meredith said...

Fun party. That is a LOT of children, but I know they had a blast. She looks so happy, I know it was a special day for her. Good job mommy!