I promise, there are tons of pictures and great stories to follow from Kendall's THIRD birthday, but I wanted to write this one while it was fresh on my mind. Saturday morning right before the party, I sent Evan out to buy birthday candles and a bag of ice. He took Kendall with him, and when they returned from the store, I was in the bedroom trying to finish getting myself ready while I thought Kendall was just playing in the dining room. All of a sudden I heard her say, "Mommy! I helped with the candles!" When I walked out to see what she was doing, I found that she opened the box of candles and put one in each of the cupcakes. My natural instinct was to say, "No Kendall! Don't do that!" but caught myself quickly and said, "Fine, Kendall! What a great job you did!" Really, it was her party anyway, and what did it matter if there was a pink candle stuck in half of the cupcakes? I love how parenting mellows me in so many ways! What a special memory I will always have of her big number three!
No comments:
Post a Comment