Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Movin' On Up

This kiddo had a big weekend.
On Saturday, she attended her first concert. Our church hosted a free, unplugged concert with Andrew Peterson and Allen Levi. Good stuff and thankfully there were a lot of kids there. Kendall sat through the first four songs, then was ready to go run around with her friends in the lobby. I think we made it about an hour and a half.
Sunday, though, was the biggest day--promotion Sunday. Kendall finally, FINALLY moved up! Kendall, who will be three in October, has been in the one-year-old room since last summer! Her birthday puts her just missing the October 1 cut-off for the three year old class. (Two year old class, last year.) I'm not bitter...it just is what it is. However, it has become quite comical at church and people often wonder if she is in the right place. Kendall is the oldest one in the room! Last Wednesday when I dropped Kendall off, one of the girls said, "There's our favorite one-year old!" I said, "Ha! The one year old that will be three in October!" Anyway, Kendall is really excited about her new class at church. She gets to stay with most of her same friends (which makes me happy) but this year, she will actually have a lesson and craft. She's beyond ready!

1 comment:

Mark and Cari said...

Our church has them by age also but the day they turn.....they move no matter whether is Oct. or Feb.