Saturday, April 10, 2010

Trip Home

I only came home with about 20 pictures on my camera. Very unlike me at all! We really did have a GREAT week. We borrowed my dad's vehicle and spent most of the week in Little Rock since most of my family/friends are that area. Here are some of the highlights:



We hung out with Laura, Tatumn, and Finley one day. The weather was gorgeous, so Laura and I took the girls to the park. Tatumn and Kendall are about a year and a half apart, and I was amazed at how well they playwith each other! Such fun watching these two! I feel doubly blessed to have a cousin that is also such a great friend to me, and watching Tatumn and Kendall together reminded me of Laura and I playing together as little girls.



Laura had a doctor's appointment the same afternoon we took the girls to the park and wanted to know if I would stay with Tatumn. I ended up taking both girls back to Mimi and Gran's house. They shared Oreos and played on the front porch. Mimi and Gran had a blast watching the girls play together.







Laura and I also planned to get together on Tuesday. We were going to take the girls to a story hour at the library, then have lunch with her mom in Conway. Laura came down with the stomach bug and had to cancel. I needed to go back over to her house anyway, so I ended up taking Tatumn for the day. We went back over to Mimi and Gran's house for lunch. The girls again had a blast playing together! The most fun was watching them pretend like they were each other's baby. They would take turns rocking each other in the chair. PRECIOUS! They also played hide-and-seek with Mimi. The best part was when Mimi hid with them!















Evan's sister, Meredith, just had her third boy about a week ago, so Kendall and I took a little day trip over to Benton to see everyone. Evan's mom was in town helping with the baby and his dad drove down so he could see Kendall, too. I'm very thankful it worked out for Kendall to see Evan's family as well! We had a great day...Kendall and the boys played and I got to love on sweet baby Colin. No pictures, though. My batteries were dead. I think Meredith and Sheila got some, so hopefully there will be a few floating around sometime! It was a great day!


Kendall and I drove to Stuttgart on Thursday. We made a stop by the bank to see Mrs. Ann, to which as soon as we walked in her office, Kendall said, "Does she have chocolate??" Not sure where that came from, but you better believe a Reece's egg was found! We then went out to Mammaw and Pappaw's house for the rest of the day. My Pappaw has learned some mad cooking skills in the last couple of years, and fixed a full-fledged meal of beef stew, cornbread, and brownies. I was completely impressed! (Yes, each were either a package or mix, but hey, from a man who put a microwave baked potato in the oven with the plastic on it, he's come a LOOONNNG way.)

We had such a great day with my Mammaw and Pappaw. I made some chicken spaghetti to stick in their freezer and we played a game of dominoes. I was excited that Mammaw was able to play with us, too. While I still beat her in the game, she held her own until the very end! :) Kendall took right up with both of them. In fact, Mammaw said, "Do you talk to her about us? Because she is so comfortable with us! She acts like she's around us all the time!" Kendall especially loved the blue guitar and giving Mammaw "rides" in her remote control recliner. Mammaw ate up every minute of it!











What a great week! Looking forward to doing it again in May!

1 comment:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Love these pics! They look so cute, and I am so glad they had fun. You saved me this week! Glad you were here!