1.) I took Kendall for her 2-year check up a couple of weeks ago. She weighed 29 pounds and was 34+ inches tall. She answered all the NP's questions accurately, and didn't cry when she got a shot. I'm always reminded how blessed we are to have such an "easy" child when we go to her well-baby visits. Kendall is bright, healthy, an excellent eater, a good sleeper...just another example of God's grace in our lives.
2.) Speaking of doctor, we might end up there again tomorrow because Kendall has been running fever off and on since Thursday evening. The fever will get down to about 99 degrees, then go right back up again. She's got a yucky runny nose and nasty cough. She never complains, though, so it's really hard to figure out if anything hurts or bothers her. Kendall has definitely not been her usual, lively self the last few days. No fun at the Smith house!
3.) Kendall has an uncanny memory. Last Sunday, we were looking through some pictures I just ordered, and we got to these, which were taken in August. As we were looking at them, Kendall said, "I sat in duck poop." I said, "No, you didn't sit in duck poop, you did something else. Do you remember?" Kendall said, "Yes, I stepped in duck poop." (And she did.) So I said, "Do you remember how we got the poop off your foot?" After a little prompting, Kendall said, "We wiped it off with daddy's shirt," which was true! I can't believe she remembered that!
4.) Kendall is really into playing with her babies. I need to get it on video. She's such a good little mommy--rocking them, feeding them, and putting them to bed. My favorite thing she does is changes their diapers. It's so funny. I've caught her several times getting wipes out of the bathroom cabinet. Kendall also has a name picked out for her babies. Seashell. Isn't that lovely? Makes a really great hippie name, huh??? She calls all the baby dolls Seashell (comes out Seashelf when Kendall says it) with the exception of the ballerina doll Evan gave Kendall for her birthday. That one is just Ballerina. Maybe she'll branch out and all the babies will have different names soon. :)
5.) I'm often amazed at how Kendall can carry on a conversation. She usually gives more than just a "Yes" or "No" when answering a question. Last Wednesday, Evan's Uncle Bob was in town on business, so he came over to eat dinner with us. He was talking/playing with Kendall and asked, "So, have you learned any advanced calculus or nuclear physics yet?" Kendall says, "No, I just play with my friends." So funny! Then, on Friday, we went to Blockbuster to rent a couple of movies for Kendall--Cinderella and Barney--her choice. When we got ready to pay, the lady checking us out said, "Is the princess movie for you or for your daddy?" Kendall said, "Me. I like Barney, too." I mean, I know it's not high-school level or anything, but still impressive. At least Evan and I think so. :)
1 comment:
wow...girls are so different.
Post a Comment