Thursday, November 19, 2009

week of nothing

I have really lacked a lot of motivation to do much of anything this week. Not sure what the deal is, but have had to fight off laziness like crazy! We had a very busy October and first couple of weeks of November, so maybe I'm just happy that things are slowing down a little bit? It always seems that when we've got stuff going on, it hits us full-force.



Evan's semester is coming to an end, and I don't have enough words to express my excitement! He took a total of twelve hours this semester (three online classes and one class on campus) along with working full-time and it's been HARD on our family. Evan usually gets home anywhere between 6-7, we eat dinner as a family, play with Kendall for about 30 minutes before bath/bedtime, then he hides away in the basement until midnight or after. It's just been rough! I'm very proud of the way he manages his time and balances everything, but I'm glad that we'll get a break for a bit. Evan has decided to scale back and only take 9 hours instead of 12 next semester. This puts him behind a semester on graduating, but for the sake of our family it will be worth it. (I guess it's just that much longer to figure out what we are supposed to be doing, right?!?!)



Evan doesn't have any vacation time until April, so we are staying in Louisville for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm a little sad about not getting to spend AT LEAST one holiday in Arkansas, but the long weekends are really just not enough time to make traveling 8-10 hours seem worth it. With that being said, we are planning some fun things to make our quiet Christmas extra special. One of those is getting a "real" Christmas tree, which Evan has always wanted.

Let's see...what else...

Having a little girl is fun. Evan says that all girls love to dress up baby dolls, and that's why I have so much fun with Kendall. Recently, I took her picture a couple of times when I just thought she looked extra cute! The first little dress was a birthday present from Aunt Judy and family...she was SOOO cute in in yesterday when we were out running errands. The second one was before church a few weeks ago. After I got Kendall dressed, she went in the bathroom where Evan was at the time and he commented on how precious she looked!







Kendall loves to sing. In fact, she sings CONSTANTLY. Lately, when we get in the car, she doesn't even want the radio on because she wants us to sing with her. It's really cute. If we aren't paying attention to her, she also says, "Talk to me!" So funny! This video is her version of Three Blind Mice.


When we discipline/correct Kendall, we do various things with her to help her process (as much as a two year old can process) the incident. Sometimes we pray with her ("Dear God, help Kendall remember to obey") and sometimes we use scripture. Colossians 3:20 says, "Children obey your parents, for this pleases God" and is a little bit more simple than the Ephesians verse. Kendall caught on to the verse pretty quickly, and now say it with very little prompting. However, when she first started doing it, instead of saying Colossians 3:20, she would say "Colossians 3, 4, 5, 6,7" and just keep on counting. I think she does it in the video below....along with some other silliness...


She cracks us up constantly. Last night, Evan was changing out of his work clothes and Kendall said, "Daddy, you change clothes?" He said, "Yes" and Kendall replied with "Cool." Today after bible study I said, "Kendall, we're going to run a couple of errands" and she said, "Whatever!" Yesterday, we went to the grocery store and she was just hamming it up with EVERYONE in her sight. I said, "You are so funny," and she said, "No, Mommy, you're funny." Seriously, where does she get this stuff?!?!?

3 comments:

Alisha said...

What fun!!! I love your Kendall stories! Emelyn is a blast right now, and I want to enjoy every moment, but reading your blog makes me realize things will just keep getting even better!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Cute video! She is talking so big!!

Cassie said... said...

I hate that you all won't be home for christmas! I was hoping to see that little girl!