Saturday, November 14, 2009

Conversations of the Week

Monday
This past week was a teaching week for me. On Monday in CARE, the topic of discussion was: "Tell one thing fun you did over the weekend."

Kayla: "Went to church, then went to eat."
Me: "Where did you go eat?"
Whole Class: "Golden Corral"
Me: "Did she already say this? How did everyone know that's where Kayla went to eat?"
Terry: "Duh, everyone goes to eat at the Golden Corral on Sunday after church!"

Note to self: Never go eat at Golden Corral on Sundays. Might be a hot-spot for students. :)



Wednesday
Me: "Evan, did you see the pictures of Henry's deer on Facebook?"
(Henry is the seven year old son of our close friends Scottie and Allyce.)
Evan: (In a very aggravated tone)"What??? Henry killed a deer?"
Me: "Jealous much?"
Evan: "That ticks me off. Because he probably killed it with my gun."
(Evan doesn't even have a gun. He just claims this particular one of Scottie's like it's his own.)




Thursday
My students at school get a discipline sheet each week that they have to keep up with/get signed over the weekend.

Jayde: (Thinking she is being oh-so responsible) "Mrs. Smith, I just get my sheet signed after I get it on Monday, so I don't forget over the weekend."
Me: "Jayde, that really defeats the whole purpose. The point of the sheet is for your parents to see how you've behaved during the week. They can't know if they sign a blank paper."

She still didn't get it.

Really, though. Who is at fault here??? The kid or the parent?? Seriously.




Friday
Kendall stood in a chair and helped me make dinner.

Me: (Cutting off ends of fresh asparagus) "Kendall, what's that?"
Kendall: "Veggie Tales."

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Veggie Tales... LOVE IT! Ha!

Mark and Cari said...

I love it! That's so great! If I were to post some of things that my students say, the would be funny but you can only imagine the minds of 6-9 year olds.
Thanks for sharing!

Cassie said... said...

I'm so glad your oh-so bright student are our future!