"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19
"...but his mother treasured all these things in her heart." Luke 2:51b
Do you ever have moments that you just want to bottle up and keep forever? Last week was filled with those for me! I was reading in Luke the other day and the two above verses struck me...even Mary, the mother of Jesus, had precious moments with her family! I find it amazing that God made my heart (just like he made Mary's heart) similar in fashion, that we want to make sure we cling to those treasured times. I want to hold tight to everything...watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving a million times with Kendall, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, lunch at the Blackwells, our overnight date (thanks to Erica for VOLUNTEERING to have a sleepover for Sawyer and Kendall), picking out the perfect Christmas tree, decorating that PERFECT tree, being lazy, listening to Christmas music, Christmas shopping, Kendall running to tell Evan that "Snoopy and the chair were fighting,"teaching Kendall to sing Jingle Bells...all of it. What sweet, sweet memories!












I think Evan and I are a little abnormal. We thoroughly enjoy being at home together. I think it comes from the year that we only had one vehicle and Evan worked from home, and we just grew to enjoy our little family of three. We like life at a slower pace and were so thankful to have these four days to enjoy! Evan and I both were in a state of mourning on Sunday, knowing that Monday was lurking around the corner. Now...we can just look forward to Christmas, when we get to do it all over again!

2 comments:
Love the tree!!
I had 5 days off this year, but I realized I was really only able to "vacate" on one of them. Wed I had to worry about Thanksgiving stuff, Th was the big day. Friday I vacated all day long. Sat was good too, but the reality that the next day was the last was on my mind all day. Sunday, well it was Sunday...and as you know...never a day off. What can I say, it was a great vacation! Come home soon!
Post a Comment