I just finished the first week of a three week teaching stretch. When I left on Monday, I was thinking "Man, maybe I should have done this full time this year. Kendall really loves her little school, the kids were good today, maybe full time wouldn't have been so terrible." Before lunch on Tuesday, I was singing a different tune! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching, it's all the other stuff that comes along with it that gets SO old! At first I was dreading this long stretch but because of the St. James Art Fair, a PD day, P/T conferences, and a field trip, I will actually only be teaching one full week!
Kendall does really well at her preschool. She cried everyday when I left her the first week, but hasn't shed a tear since. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about that! HA! No, really, I'm thankful to have a place that she loves with such GREAT people. Today when I picked her up, she was playing at the little kitchen. Her back was turned away from me, so I just watched her for a few minutes. In a voice not much louder than a whisper, I said something to her teacher and IMMEDIATELY, Kendall's head turned and she came running. It was one of those moments that made me get a lump in my throat, at the thought of her KNOWING my voice. Just priceless.
I have certainly enjoyed my time with her on the weeks off. One thing we love is story hour at Pottery Barn Kids. I'm SOOO taking my camera to video the next time we go. Kendall has a blast and I get a kick out of watching her. We also attend bible study at church on Thursday morning, where we both enjoy getting to be with our friends.
Kendall is REALLY into coloring these days. She knows exactly where the crayons are, and if we aren't careful, she will try to help herself. The funny thing is that she thinks EVERY color is pink! We get a big kick out of it. Below are pictures of us coloring a scarecrow place mat thing I found in the dollar slot at Target last week.



Oh, and stickers. That's another thing she loves. I found these fall stickers in the dollar slot also, and they are EVERYWHERE in our house! I love it! These also come in handy when we have to run errands together. A great distraction for when Kendall thinks she's sat too long in the shopping cart.

Last Friday morning, Kendall and I were doing some cleaning around the house and she comes to me with Evan's shirt in hand and says, "Wear daddy's shirt." So I let her. She spent most of the morning this way. (Nice hair, huh? Evan likes to call Kendall the "Shaggy Dog" when her hair isn't pulled back!)

And just for fun...a few videos. Hopefully at least family will enjoy these. Today (Oct. 1) is Aunt Judy and "Uncle's" birthday. (Married with the same birthday. How fun is that??) I was hoping I could get Kendall to sing Happy Birthday to them, but this was as good as it got. My favorite is when Kendall says "Happy Birthday Judy, Happy Birthday God Almighty." So funny.
Christian still comes over on Mondays, and this is a little video the two kiddos doing ring around the rosey. Kendall is also really into playing the ABC 's and Wheels on the Bus on Beep Beep, but I had to cut this video a little short because she starting in on her "mine" thing with Christian. She's really territorial with her things when he's over and it drives me bonkers! Christian is actually a month older, but Kendall thinks she's the boss of him most all the time. Someday, I'm sure, he will retaliate.
And last...the Hokey Pokey. She's pretty good, huh??
(Sorry that you had to listen to "Wheels on the Bus" and "If Your Happy and You Know It" so many times. At our house, these are on repeat!)
2 comments:
she is such a cutie! Enjoy every minute.
I just gave you a blog award. Visit my blog to see it & pass it on! I love the video of the kids!
Post a Comment