Monday, July 20, 2009

Goin' to the Country

Since moving to Louisville, we've been hearing about the wonderful Huber Farms and what fun it is to visit. With the unseasonably cool weather on Saturday, Evan decided that we should take a little trip.

Funny...I knew Erica, Preston, and Sawyer were thinking about going to Huber's this weekend, but I didn't say anything to Evan about it. When we decided that we were going to go, he went to get his phone. It's just one of those things, I guess, but I just KNEW he was calling to see if they wanted to join us. I looked at Evan and said, "I think they might already be going." Needless to say, we ended up going with the Petersen's and having a blast! Sawyer and Kendall just love each other and it's just a joy to watch them play. We think Sawyer's momma and daddy are not so bad either! ;)

We had a HUGE, yummy country lunch that was delicious! The food is served family style, so there was plenty to go around! We had fried chicken, dumplings, lima beans, corn on the cob, zucchini and tomato salad, slaw, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy and fried biscuits. No kidding...it was a TON of food! Around the restaurant is a walkway leading out to a little pond with ducks and geese to feed, so we took the girls out there. Kendall was a lot more interested in the swings nearby than the animals!





Huber Farms has so much to do! Peaches, blackberries, and blueberries were in season, but we didn't actually go out to the orchard to pick. We went in the very busy Farmer's Market and looked around, then went over to a play area for kids. This little area was full of activities...a HUGE bouncy slide, playground, petting zoo, etc. Sawyer and Kendall had a blast!




Kendall, of course, was not all that fond of the animals. She was okay if one of us held her, but she didn't want to get too close. The petting zoo had a calf, several goats, lambs, deer, and rabbits.










The biggest hit was this tube slide. It's a HUGE slide that is built into a hill that is really long and fast. Kendall and Sawyer were so brave running up the hill, going down the slide, then going back for more. Both girls even did it alone several times. They just loved it!






We finished out our day with some homemade ice cream and then headed home. It was a great day! I can't wait to go back during apple season and head out to the orchard! Here we come, orchard-picked apple pie! :)

3 comments:

Cassie said... said...

we will moving about 3 or 4 weeks before our apple trees are ripe...whats up with that?

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping tonight and found yours. I have enjoyed reading it.. I love seeing all the different blog designs. Have a great week.
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Adam Holly Grace said...

I glad to hear ya'll like Huber Farms. I have been wanting to go too but wondered if the food was good and if it was fun! Mom is coming in Aug and we are probably going then! Glad ya'll are doing good!

H